User Tag List

Thread: Help needed zd30

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help needed zd30

Removing swaybars what if any benefit does it do? I snapped a mount on my rear awhile back and not sure if I can be bothered putting it back lol. Intercooler is leaking and I'm not willing to spend $600+ on a new slightly bigger one so is there such thing as to big for intercooler? And I know it's cooled by air but what about fitting a water type is it a complicated thing to rig up as a watercooled intercooler would better wouldn't it?
    IF ITS NOT BROKEN IT MUST BE A PATROL

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Any method of cooling air has its Merits which is best might be open to discussion. Dry ice Would be awesome but not practical.
    Disconnecting Sway bay will give more body roll. Illegal on the road , More articulation off road thus quick dis connect swaybars
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Thanks
    Thanked 13,547 Times in 6,616 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'd leave the rear sway bar on, if your keen to remove it then is be I retested in buying it off you Healy. Your intercooler size won't make to much trouble for you, go large if you can.

Water to air is more efficient but harder to fit up. You end up having to fit the element to the front like a front mounted cooler and this can be a task.

Find a second hand zd30 cooler on eBay pretty cheap?
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    I'd leave the rear sway bar on, if your keen to remove it then is be I retested in buying it off you Healy. Your intercooler size won't make to much trouble for you, go large if you can.

Water to air is more efficient but harder to fit up. You end up having to fit the element to the front like a front mounted cooler and this can be a task.

Find a second hand zd30 cooler on eBay pretty cheap?
    Rear swaybar is yet to be put back on from the toolarook trip when I snapped the mount on diff. So as long as I can get air intercooler top mount then it can be as big as I can fit? I've been looking at the stick ones but its a common problem for them to leak unless they have been retanked
    IF ITS NOT BROKEN IT MUST BE A PATROL

Thanks
    Thanked 11,343 Times in 6,454 Posts
    Mentioned
    465 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just get yours welded up. Cheaper that way.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if your snapping swaybar links that would suggest an issue, have you lifted it at all, put entended links in, my 2" lift was always snapping, replaced with AM links, issues fixed, allows better flex off road, otherwise disconnects are the go, standard touring doesnt require it
    2002 3L GU Patrol, 2" lift, 33's, snorkel, dual battery, sliders, DVD, bluetooth

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    This, why waste cash if you can get it nipped up?

I'd reattach the swaybar too, sure you'll have better articulation offroad, but the big gu will not handle at all on road, plus if you're stopped by the plod they will give you the little yellow birdie quicker than you can say "where's the nearest bus stop?"

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    i have been considering getting this done myself can it just be welded or do you have to pull it apart first then ill stick it back on with a pulling fan
    07 crd,,bridgestone 697lt, 2.75 buedesert ex, SOLD theres a lot of my blood, sweat and money in that troll.

92 gq ti tb42efi my brothers gq extractors dual batteries brake controller uhf alloy bullbar SOLD with a heavy heart but gone to a nice young fella

13 y62 the beast that burbles