User Tag List

Thread: Dual Battery mounting in GU with turboed 6.5 Chevy

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dual Battery mounting in GU with turboed 6.5 Chevy

Afternoon all, just wondering if there is anyone that has mounted their second battery somewhere else in their GU. I am currently getting a 6.5 turbo v8 fitted and have been informed that the current position of the battery is no good as the turbo is to close. The alternate place to mount the battery was under the passenger side of the car but as I also run diesel gas, it wont fit their either.

I am looking for any ideas on where I could safely mount the battery in the car itself and any issues/good ideas people may habe come up with.

Thanks in advance.

Ian
    6.5 Chevy, roof rack, uhf, Spotties, dual batteries, ARB Bullbar, 12, 000lb winch, (unfortunately not Warn) Safari snorkel, Dieselgas conversion, 2in lift, engine watchdog fitted, boost/EGT guages, front elokka fitted, rear power supply mods, turbo timer, dual wheel carrier rear bar.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Back LHS half recessed into Qtr panel
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2nd batt

Quote Originally Posted by threedogs View Post
    Back LHS half recessed into Qtr panel
    Mine is mounted under car, as you mentioned, but a mate has his at the back end of one of his drawers. Does take up some nice realestate, but he has a trailer and doesn't care. No where else really??? Unless your missus has short legs and wouldn't mind a chunk of lead under foot.....good luck.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,558 Times in 6,620 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Simon from 4wdTV has his in the rear left side of his drawer system in his GU8 4.8.

Tidy and works great. Email him and he could probably send you a pic mate although he is away at Aldee Station this week.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the replies, I might look into those slimline batteries and try to mount just behind cargo barrier on left hand side.
    6.5 Chevy, roof rack, uhf, Spotties, dual batteries, ARB Bullbar, 12, 000lb winch, (unfortunately not Warn) Safari snorkel, Dieselgas conversion, 2in lift, engine watchdog fitted, boost/EGT guages, front elokka fitted, rear power supply mods, turbo timer, dual wheel carrier rear bar.