User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help with GQ starting troubles from cold

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would say check the fast idle cam as well, if it aint been put on properly it revs like shit ( i know because I stuffed up when i rebuild my mates carby on his Mav ), as for the miss fire.. do the norm.. switch the leads around, and the pugs.. then look for more serious stuff, i have in the past had leads that miss fire when an engine is cold yet the are fine when it warms up

check the GQ BIBLES http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...atrol-Software they have a really good exploded image of the carby and how it should all go together
    I am spending my children's inheritance on my 92 GQ PATROL .. and by the time they get it, it will have way to many kilometers on the clock, and it wont be worth anything

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mojo01 For This Useful Post:

simy (24th March 2013)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers mate. I've checked everything that i can with my mechanical retardness, and everything seems fine, plugs, leads, battery etc. I went to a wreckers yesterday to pick up some parts and the guy there recommended an old backyard mechanic that apparently knows carbys very well. I will give him a call and book her in for after the easter break, fingers crossed he can solve the issue.

Also, when i first was playing with it yesterday my brakes went straight to the floor, still work but only at the very end. I had the other mechanic fit an extended brake line in the rear. He bled the brakes but i've found fluid leaking from the reservoir, like it was overfilled, it's stopped now. I'm guessing i just need to bleed the brakes again as air has got in the lines, or maybe brake booster gone? Just no pressure at all until its almost at the firewall.

Thanks for all the help fellas, it's appreciated.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,429 Times in 3,189 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    simy, whack the brake question on another thread. I found posting specific topics gets a good response from a wider range of knowledgable members
    My advice is: not to follow my advice.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mudnut For This Useful Post:

simy (24th March 2013)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the carbys are not that complex, read the bible, pull it apart, chuck a kit in it ( autobahn 75$ for full rebuild kit ) for some reason people seem to think carbs are a complex thing they aint. do it yourself save some coin, then next time it stuffs up, of if it dies on you somewhere out in the middle of the never never you will know how to fix it
    I am spending my children's inheritance on my 92 GQ PATROL .. and by the time they get it, it will have way to many kilometers on the clock, and it wont be worth anything

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally all sorted, basically the last mechanic screwed the carby by opening the butterfly fully. he stuffed with the auto choke and made all the settings wrong.

The mechanic that just fixed it called me in to have a close look at it. The carby was leaking at the top and once taken out down the bottom as well. the butterflys were open on startup thus flooding it as i thought. Had to get the carby reconditioned, timing fixed, new auto choke, all new lines. I cant believe the last two mechanics, im really pissed off about it all. the state of the vacuum lines was terrible, and yet no one else picked it up.

Anyway she runs better than she ever has now, starts up and idles at 600rpm and i can take off straight away without waiting for it to warm up. Finally after 4 months my issues are resolved and i can enjoy the car again. Long story short is that there are VERY FEW mechancs these days that can do what they say. It took 3 different ones to finally sort out my problems.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,429 Times in 3,189 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good to see that you found a good mechanic. Put his name up so others can go to him.
    My advice is: not to follow my advice.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll happily give Ritchie a good plug here.

So ritchie from Hume Off Road Centre in Hume ACT 06 6260 2005.

Rang me every step of the way and told me to come back free of charge if the revving was to come back.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to simy For This Useful Post:

taslucas (22nd April 2013)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12