OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Patrol front right end going "DOOONG" over small bumps....vague I know right?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Patrol front right end going "DOOONG" over small bumps....vague I know right?

Hi all....Just got back from my Chrissy hiatus and went for a pot around in the troll' and realized the front right end is emitting a hollow/metallic like "dong" sound whenever going over bumps (during rebound i believe)....even speed humps in car parks at slow speeds. Thinking its just the rubber bumbers over the coil....does this sound right or am i looking in the wrong place.....opinions welcomed.

And I know my description is a tad vague.....but you saw who started this thread right!?! You should surely expect nothing less.
    SPEED METAL NEVER WENT AWAY>>>>> ONLY OUR HEARING DID!!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Stuffed shocks???? Push down on each corner ,should go down and up once only anymore just riding on coils/leaves
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

4. The Following User Says Thank You to threedogs For This Useful Post:

ozzymalone (14th January 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,558 Times in 6,620 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I reckon a Front Panard Bush, a Tie Rod end or a front Radius arm bush for sure.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey threedogs....hope you're well on the mend mate its been a while. SO if i get the missus to push down the front end firmly there should only be one clear down and up stroke? , and no further bouncing at all? .....Ta

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a similar thing happening with my GQ It drove me nuts. It ended up being the front sway bar link one side was stuffed. so I removed the sway bar problem solved.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Benno7 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 11,347 Times in 6,457 Posts
    Mentioned
    465 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Check where the radius arms mount, Westys had a similar issue and the bolts were flogged out and the arm was "floating". He did a write on this somewhere here. I have the same issue but its really quiet and haven't bothered to look for it yet.
    But check the shocker bushes too, the rear of mine did a loud noise like this and I discovered the bushes were almost non existent. Replaced them and is all good at the rear now.

Quote Originally Posted by Benno7 View Post
    I had a similar thing happening with my GQ It drove me nuts. It ended up being the front sway bar link one side was stuffed. so I removed the sway bar problem solved.
    Actually try this. Remove the sway bar. Come to think of it, mine has not done it since I have removed my sway bar when I did the clutch...I must get around to putting that back in one day.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Benno how did you figure it was the link? was it visibly stuffed/cracked, etc. Pretty sure you can go without the front swaybar in gu's without negative consequences but would love to hear some feedback.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,558 Times in 6,620 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I dont have a Front Sway bar on the GUIV and have not had one fitted for at least 4 years. It is my daily and my Tourer and i simply can not think of a reason for refitting it., I have a 3" lift and Drop boxes though and it is well planted.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 11,347 Times in 6,457 Posts
    Mentioned
    465 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The only one reason I can think of is insurance. I cannot afford to run the risk of being denied a claim if I was to ever have a stack and they inspected the car and found no sway bar. Otherwise I would leave it off...

15. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have just done the front and rear radius arm bushes so hopefully thats not the verdict sso will inspect all mentioned areas this arvo hopefully......thanks all. Appreciate it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast