Thread: This concerns us all

Thanks
    Thanked 3,835 Times in 2,012 Posts
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by patch697 View Post
    Sorry Ross I wasn't trying to put you on the spot mate....

The reason I asked for your input was in regards to the focus on the "road safety aspect" of subject

Cheers
    Paul
    Nah that's fine. One must look at vehicle dynamics ect as well. I guess it's a bit like loading a roof rack. What is a safe working load on top? Cross winds, ect

At the end of the day, if you go outside the manufacturer's specifications/instructions..... please explain.

Sorry, but can't make it simpler than that.

Govt's/people need to really get the manufacturers rulings on what is 'safe' and what isn't for their vehicles.

Then there's the issue of genuine/non genuine parts, best practice..................and the list goes on.

I'm happy to answer as best I can. I'm not an expert, but will do research if people want it.

Take care out there.

Ross
    Last edited by DX grunt; 16th July 2010 at 05:01 PM.
    Winner of 'Best 4 x 4 ' at the 2017 Albany Agricultural Society Inc - Town n Country Ute Muster.

Ex Telstra - 2005, 4.2 TDi ute -with pod and more fruit than a grocery shop.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 3,835 Times in 2,012 Posts
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasnart View Post
    Hmm, this seems to be a never ending debate about nothing new. It is alrady illegal in Vic to raise or lower original suspension travel by more than a third. It is in VicRoads Guidelines to Modifications and is freely available on their website. Those of us with 4" lifts will already be exceeding the maximum legal lift. So I'm not sure why there's so much hoo-haa about this issue. It's already the law here and there's no public outcry about it, we just live with it. Here's the scenario: VSI50 becomes law (like it already is here in Vic), you ignore it and chuck in a 4" lift (as people do), you get a canary (which happens all the time for suspension issues), you return to stock (for the roadworthy), you pass the roadworthy and chuck the 4" back under it and away you go. This has been happening for yonks so IMHO the hysteria over vsi50 is misplaced.
    I've heard over here in the West that if it goes over the pits too many times, they look seriously at delicensing yr vehicle. Don't quote me on it, but that's what I heard many years ago.
    Winner of 'Best 4 x 4 ' at the 2017 Albany Agricultural Society Inc - Town n Country Ute Muster.

Ex Telstra - 2005, 4.2 TDi ute -with pod and more fruit than a grocery shop.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Happy to sign last time an will sign up again this time,
    Ive got 2 lifted cars an 2 lowered cars an i want to be able to drive them just the way they are.
    As previously stated if it gets in in one state whats stopping them from pushing it australia wide .
    90 maverick LWB 2" lift,General Grabber a/t
    92 Coil Cab 3" lift, kl71 33"s n/a td42

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some people are not helping the cause. I read through some of the names and their is a Dirty Sanchez 2300. Funny when appropriate, but not on this.

Thanks
    Thanked 20,908 Times in 8,631 Posts
    Mentioned
    583 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by heyhey_guess_who View Post
    Some people are not helping the cause. I read through some of the names and their is a Dirty Sanchez 2300. Funny when appropriate, but not on this.
    Yeah thats why they the postcode is mandatory and the full name.

They do cross reference these things and work out the true sign up's versus dodgy ones.

I think regardless of where you live just use your own postcode.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12