Thread: Roosystems light bars

Thanks
    Thanked 5,115 Times in 2,901 Posts
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Roosystems light bars

When at RooSystems, I queried their light bars and u was quite impressed with the BAJA branded light bars. The RooSystems light bars isn't with buying at all as the light output compared to sized is shithouse.
    For example the 50" Roosystems bar put out less light then 20" BAJA light.
    They have two type of BAJA light, one called Stealth and one called ONX
    Both very impressive.
    The Stealth is slimline type 3w Cree LED. The ONX is a 10w LED.
    A small 8" section was bright than a 20" stealth bar, but the cost was extraordinary. A 50" bar was about $2500 but the light was phenomenal, very very bright, spot more than 1km for an Led.
    2011 GU8 ST 3.0 CRD, ARB Bullbar with IPF spotties, scrub bars and side steps, Snorkel, Dual Battery system, Waeco fridge, Turbo Timer, ARB Roof Rack with 5 IPF spotties across the front, Custom full Leather Bucket seats, DPchip, 3" Taipan exhaust, ARE Intercooler & scoop, Autron EGT/Boost and dual volt gauges, ARB front locker.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd buy BAJA if RooSystems wasn't the distributor.

I should have bought from the US before he became the agent

I even asked BAJA in the US if they had an NZ agent I c ould refer to, unfort no go.

The man's a knob. The product is excellent
    Last edited by gf0012-aust; 5th January 2013 at 09:48 AM.
    90 GQ DX Shorty
    89 Maverick LWB

http://tinyurl.com/gf0012-aust-Gallery

4. The Following User Says Thank You to gf0012-aust For This Useful Post:

growler2058 (5th January 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,566 Times in 6,624 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    $2500 is rediculous for a Light bar.!! Maybe 5 years ago when they had just hit the marketbut anyone that has $2500 on a Light bar now is robbing you.

Mego, have a look in teh Vendors section for "Lights" He is a Mate of mine and a driving buddy and his Light bars are good quality and a great price.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

growler2058 (5th January 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,115 Times in 2,901 Posts
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No really looking at buying, just was at Roosystems buying an awning whilst there looked at the lights and was pleased to see the quality and output off the BAJA light bars and that the cheap Roo light bars were cheap and crap.
    2011 GU8 ST 3.0 CRD, ARB Bullbar with IPF spotties, scrub bars and side steps, Snorkel, Dual Battery system, Waeco fridge, Turbo Timer, ARB Roof Rack with 5 IPF spotties across the front, Custom full Leather Bucket seats, DPchip, 3" Taipan exhaust, ARE Intercooler & scoop, Autron EGT/Boost and dual volt gauges, ARB front locker.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gf0012-aust View Post

The man's a knob. The product is excellent
    Had dealings with him then???

Don't stroke it, TAP it!!!!.....

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Clunk;313747]Had dealings with him then???

i have had dealings with his staff amd will not grace his doors again apart from being treated like a rude interuption to their buisy saturday morning,,,, (apart from staff i was the only one there) not only could they NOT supply prices at time the only thing they wanted to show me was a piece of pipe that they claimed was their exhaust,,,, i had to wait for them to email a quote out to me which then turned up WRONG!!!!! they had me in and out in ten minits!!!! went to Torq4x4 the same morning same quote i was there for over an hour and Murrie was doing web searches to find options and prices then n there for what i was looking for toke the time and got the quote right first time and gave a dam about his customers. some times its better deeling with a small buisness...

by the by torq4x4 now sell the baja lights in there shop and you can buy them on line through torq if you wish.