Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3 wheeled gq

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Morton View Post
    bloody hell you sure are one lucky bloke, big hammer for the studs, smack it firm & they will pop out, slide the new ones in, put the wheel & nuts on, tighten up & this is good enough to get it to slide into position, it goes in easy, as for the 2 circlip groves, you only use the one grove, I think the second is for auto hubs or something like that.

Anyways I would be buying a lottery ticket & a cartoon of beer maybe 2, dont forget a bottle sherry for the girlfriend, just some good sound advice, everytime you buy a stack of bits & pieces for your patrol buy her something ie: $1-$500 = box of chocolates, $501-$1000 = flowers, $1001 - $1500 = Dinner, $1501 - $3000 = Dinner with benefits, anything more than that & u can afford all 4 in 1
    Now that's the second lot of good advice in this thread!
    ================================================== ============
    Chris

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol Morton I'd be selling my left but to be paying for it all, she Dosnt know about the lift kit yet, but it's Allready in my shed
    You can over come anything with speed and commitment

Patrol Guru
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    goochness had the same happen to me in a 88 4x4 f100 but at $130 .Had just come off the dirt and onto the blacktop on the ayers rk rd and the missus said the spare has bounced out of the back to which i replied nup that aint the spare that was the front left darl.As you could imagine there was a stunned silience and colour drain from her face but because of the wheel base the disc never touched the ground till about 50 k/hr and we pulled over to the dirt just like a blow out .the damage bill was a fair bit for those days new hub disk bearings studs and a tyre and wheel. This was not uncommon on the f100 with the dana front diff and was because the studs would streach .So glad you got a safe result and no one was injured as was the case with me the seat had a few button holes in it though .
    U have 4 choices in life :U can like it; lump it; love it or shove it, take your pick and stick to it !

Thanks
    Thanked 11,352 Times in 6,458 Posts
    Mentioned
    465 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Don't know if you have alloys or steelie's on but this is the only reason stopping me from getting some nice alloy's for my GU. You are bloody lucky though, I would hate to think what would have happened if you were doing 110k's...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mudski, I would be putting alloys on but used OE wheel nuts, I dont put mine on cos I damage enough steel rims when out playing, dont want to be damaging my nice alloys
    2002 3L GU Patrol, 2" lift, 33's, snorkel, dual battery, sliders, DVD, bluetooth

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12