Thread: photographer from tassie

Thanks
    Thanked 20,855 Times in 8,613 Posts
    Mentioned
    582 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thats a neat set up mate, well done!

Had a look at your photos on your site too, some great work there! You obviously have a great camera with good macros...lol...If thats what they still call it these days!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 3,791 Times in 2,091 Posts
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nothing wrong with the homemade drawers mate, if I had the skills I would be doing the same thing, great job there well done.
    If any members require assistance in anything regarding this forum, just let me know via a PM and I will help you in any way that I can.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House Grant. You certainly have a knack for capturing what others wouldn't see in front of them. Your lense helps you bring it life. Great work mate. We have similar simple cheap draws. I believe 4wding can be done on budget without being dangerous.

Tim
    Getting Older Is Unavoidable, Growing Up Is Optional!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cheers guys,

believe it or not though, i use a pretty basic photography set-up ... and i still don't own a macro lense.

the early work was taken with a camera and lens that i swapped a guy in the street for, and my first digital SLR and lenses were given to me by a guy who started crying in my shop at subiaco markets, saying, "you have seen god, i can see it in your photos!"

so my photography has certainly never been about expensive equipment.

i think tim hit the nail on the proverbial head when he said, "capturing what others wouldn't see in front of them" ... that seems to be where the individuality comes into my work.

i have a solo show open this year at the most prestigious nature photography gallery in australia, the wilderness gallery, at cradle mountain in tassie if any of you get down here this year ... it is a bit hard to drive, but the ferry makes a good trip and lets you bring your beloved patrols .

i have a wish list [including a 105mm macro lens] and hope to one day have good equipment, but i'll probs need to get a real job first .

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lotus View Post
    cheers guys,

believe it or not though, i use a pretty basic photography set-up ... and i still don't own a macro lense.

the early work was taken with a camera and lens that i swapped a guy in the street for, and my first digital SLR and lenses were given to me by a guy who started crying in my shop at subiaco markets, saying, "you have seen god, i can see it in your photos!"

so my photography has certainly never been about expensive equipment.

i think tim hit the nail on the proverbial head when he said, "capturing what others wouldn't see in front of them" ... that seems to be where the individuality comes into my work.

i have a solo show open this year at the most prestigious nature photography gallery in australia, the wilderness gallery, at cradle mountain in tassie if any of you get down here this year ... it is a bit hard to drive, but the ferry makes a good trip and lets you bring your beloved patrols .

i have a wish list [including a 105mm macro lens] and hope to one day have good equipment, but i'll probs need to get a real job first .
    If you can sell some of your work to calendar producers, or get hold of someone like Parish, you may just be able to invest in what you think you need. But, I have learnt one thing, if you can get a great shot with what you use, will you be able to better with better?

eg I was quite good when I was younger at capturing Splashes of water on a 1980's box brownie, and later got a sophisticated zenith, had to set iso and etc, my knack of quick great shots was lost.
    Getting Older Is Unavoidable, Growing Up Is Optional!

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nice work there Lotus.......... with the rig, website and pics, fantastic stuff

Thanks
    Thanked 3,835 Times in 2,012 Posts
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome Lotus

Enjoy and keep in touch.

Take care out there.

Ross
    DX grunt
    Winner of 'Best 4 x 4 ' at the 2017 Albany Agricultural Society Inc - Town n Country Ute Muster.

Ex Telstra - 2005, 4.2 TDi ute -with pod and more fruit than a grocery shop.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for the warm welcome you guys!

may i say, there are a LOT of western australians here!
    am i correct in assuming that the majority of forum members come from either WA or QLD?
    [it would make sense i guess, seeing as both states are big and very good for 4x4'ing.]

Thanks
    Thanked 20,855 Times in 8,613 Posts
    Mentioned
    582 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Have a look at the members map to see where we are all located. http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...au-Members-Map

The members are scattered all over Australia but yes, a lot of WA folks are on here.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just in case you guys were wondering how a young guy manages to afford to travel australia for 12 months with his young family ...

here's my other job ... .

hope you like it .

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast