Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fuse box

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome mate... I'll let him know. I he was saying something about the relay being a possible issue... I'll just show him your post... Cheers mate!

Sent from my GT-I9210T using Tapatalk 2

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 1,525 Times in 887 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No worries at all mate. I hope you solve it.
    Cheers,
    Drew

1997 GQ Patrol RX, TB42E. Mods: OME 2" lift, 33" BFG KM2'S, ARB winch bar & reconditioned X9 Superwinch, IPF 900 spotties HID conversion, ARB side steps and scrub bars, Kaymar rear step & spare wheel carrier & jerry holder, Rear 55W LED worklight, Safari Snorkel, 147L LRA tank, Extended diff breathers, dual batteries, GME UHF, Home built drawer and fridge slide, ARB 60L fridge.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well we cleaned all the contacts in the relay of the hid kit. He seemed to think they could have been dirty... Seems fine so far.. Another test of time I guess

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope didn't fix it... Sigh.. It's getting to me. Think we need to just change the relay completely! Could it be the switch in the truck? If I turn lights on then off on off on off it will turn on eventually and stay on without a hicup for a day or two then go back to one light. Has to be either the relay or the switch yeah?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm.....sounds like something lose perhaps.....almost sounds too random to be anything else. Is it a sealed relay unit.....this is what mine looked like when I pulled it apart ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354845775.609807.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1997 GQ Patrol RX, TB42E. Mods: OME 2" lift, 33" BFG KM2'S, ARB winch bar & reconditioned X9 Superwinch, IPF 900 spotties HID conversion, ARB side steps and scrub bars, Kaymar rear step & spare wheel carrier & jerry holder, Rear 55W LED worklight, Safari Snorkel, 147L LRA tank, Extended diff breathers, dual batteries, GME UHF, Home built drawer and fridge slide, ARB 60L fridge.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is a sealed relay unit with a loom that plugs in underneath...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the GQ's never had relay for the Lights
    power from Battery to the Combo Switch to the headlights -
    if there is a relay there - it is aftermarket, and possibly screwed
    my suggestion would be -
    pull the Combo Sitch out from the column, strip it down and clean the contacts and re-grease them, then replace,

unless you want to put in a complete new loom for your lights, I would be reverse engineering the wiring from that relay to find out what its up to......

cheers
    Tidy Whitey - 99 GU TD42Ti - Diesel Gas, (GUIV Turbo & Intercooler 8Lb boost), 33" Micky T's Baja MTZ's, Dual Batt's, Cargo Barrier, rear draws, HID Super Oscars, winch, Grinch & witch attached and more goodies to come

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How did you get on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Havnt had a chance to get the relay swapped over yet, but but I am thinking the switch needs to be stripped and cleaned. If I turn it on and it doesn't work I then just turn the switch on and off a Cpl times and away she goes. It will then work fine until switched off. It only does it every now and then.

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,546 Times in 1,116 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Let me see if I have this correct.

Your problem of having no headlights is now fixed and you now have HIDs fitted?

Now your problem is one HID doesn't turn on sometimes or does it just switch it's self off?

The other light works normally all the time?

If this is correct your problem can not be in the headlight dipper switch or the vehicles original wiring.

When HIDs are installed a separate wire harness is also installed, so if one HID works and the other one doesn't then the problem is with the HID install.

Is it always the same light that doesn't work?

This is a common problem with the poor quality HID kits.

At night look at the wire harness running from the ballast to the bulb, then get someone to turn the lights on, can you see a spark jumping from the wire to the body of the vehicle?

You could also try swapping the bulb and the ballast with the other side one at a time to isolate the problem.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast