User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Diff gears for 35"s or not ???

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recently put low ratio diff gears in my GQ and it has completely changed the feel of it. I'd highly recommend the diff gears with 35's as it brought my ratios just below factory gearing. I now have to do 110km/h on the speedo to actually do 100km/h and still only rev at 2200rpm in 5th. I'm not 100% sure the gear ratios are the same on the diesel and petrol GQ's.
    Matt, 91 Patrol 4 Door Ute, 8" of lift, 35's, Low ratio diffs, Spartan Front locker.
    Come Join my 4x4 club @ www.Trenchmen4x4.com
    Check out my Facebook page ----> Trenchmen 4x4 https://www.facebook.com/Trenchmen4x4

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't listen to the guys telling not to go big tyres,go for it,your gq should have 4.11 diff ratios.if you go 35s ,4.6 ratios out of a 2.8 diesel will bring your speedo back to standard,but to be honest 4.3 ratios out of 3 litre petrol gq,or early 3 litre gu,you speedo might be out 5-8% Cheers Neil

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey guys I'm looking to get 35's down the track, I currently have 33's on a 2" suspension lift. I have an opportunity to buy 4.6125's can I put them in now with the 33's till I get the 35's and lift?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    35s rock I live in west wales UK and lots ofthe places we can offroad are pretty heavily rutted :/
    The only way out of the do doos is up and so bigger tyres for me
    I'm simply running +2" suspension lift and +2" body lift. I did have to trim the arches a bit but no biggie.
    Gearing is defo a gear short on the road but so far had no issues offroad with it, except the odd "operator error"
    Y60 Patrol 4.2 d SWB in puke green
    2" body lift, 2" pedders suspension lift, 35" Simex muds on excel 16" alloys, needs a turbo :/

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok but I do about 70% road driving so I think I'd like the gearing to be close I'm just not sure if it will be too punchy with 4.6's on 33's till I do bigger lift and get 35's

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ive been running 35"s yrs with a td42 std diffs and have had no problems power wise, it can get a little painful on long touring trips, but hey its not rocket science to work out big tyres and a lift are worse for hwy driving... the engine wont struggle with 35's and std diffs

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ive found 35" put my speedo out by 10km which is no drama, once you know it just drive to that speed. Depending on your setup you wont see any power problems, My wagons td42 auto and it will still turn them if i plant it. Tho i do plan to change diff ratio to 4.6 soon as im planning on doing alot of heavy towing so i want to increase low down torque more as my turbs doesnt kick in till about 2000rpm.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12