Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

100K Service - DIY or Dealer ?

Hi All,
    New to this forum and wanted to get some advice on my 2008 GU Patrol Servicing. I am up to my 100K service and was wondering what your thoughts are on doing the service yourself vs having it done at a Nissan dealer.
    I am handy with the tools mechanically and am able to do it yourself but wanted some feed back on whether to continue to use Nissan or start doing Services myself.
    Any thoughts or comments welcomed.
    Thanks.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 3,835 Times in 2,012 Posts
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If your truck still has any sort of warranty, I'd get it done by a qualified mechanic.

My son has only months to go on his heavy diesel mechanic apprenticeship and he can't touch it because I still have a bit to go on my extended warranty.

Welcome to the forum.

You might find you'll get more responses if you zip over to the 'Introductions' section and post an intro. It helps. Trust me. lol

Where you from?

Take care out there.

Rossco
    Winner of 'Best 4 x 4 ' at the 2017 Albany Agricultural Society Inc - Town n Country Ute Muster.

Ex Telstra - 2005, 4.2 TDi ute -with pod and more fruit than a grocery shop.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    always better resale value if its been done by dealer but if u plan on keeping it for awhile do it yourself that way you know its been done right and you save alot of coin down the track

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to get mine serviced by Nissan, then I thought "I'm not planning to sell my Patrol, why the hell am I paying these clowns to look after it".
    These days I do all my own service and repairs, there's some confidence you get in the bush when you know your vehicle inside and out

That being said if you plan to sell it later or it's still under warranty, definitely get it serviced by Nissan
    3.0L '02 GU
    - Xrox bar - 33" MT 4rib ATZs -roof console - provent 200 PCV filter - 3" Stainless Exhaust

6. The Following User Says Thank You to nomadTech87 For This Useful Post:

patch697 (2nd September 2012)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You will save heaps of money and the job is easy.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the only thing the dealer does on the major service that is different to a minor is adjust the tappets and that is after they do i simple listen test if they sound fine they don't even do that! of course they change the oil, filters and fluids as i believe these engines have a timing chain not a belt so this is not an issue. this is what my trusted mechanic said so if you can save a buck Y not....cheers....
    2008 GU 2" LIFT, GME UHF BLACK KING WHEELS, SAFARI SNORKEL, LIGHTFORCE 240' KAYMAR DUAL WHEEL CARRIER STEINBAUER POWER, beaudesert 2 3/4 system, runva 11,000 comp winch.....