Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Bryan's MQ/MK Project

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The rear wheel arch seating mount is just spot welded onto the wheel arch, drill out the spot welds ,and presto its off
    Depending on your road laws, changing seating capacity from whats stated on the VIN plate entails a mod plate over here,check your laws before doin it
    The seat with no brackets is a 2 seater style seat, the seat with brackets should be a 3 seater type seat,unless you really,really have to swap the seats dont bother
    Fuel filler pipe, inside the fuel door is a few bolts, undo them ,that attaches the fuel pipe to the body,pull it away from the body somehow to remove body, failling that, undo the fuel pipe/pipes from the tank , then when new body is fitted reattach,dont forget if doin it this way, you stuff a rag or something in the tank to stop stuff falling in
    The bolts your having issues with,throw a pic up .....
    Last edited by MQ MAD; 29th June 2012 at 10:00 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks MQ, unfortunately didn't get a good shot of the silver one, this does have brackets, it's higher up on the body. The rear bench seats hook onto it, it's the set up where you raise the seat part forward against the drivers seat, then unclip the bracket clip (you must love my descriptions) and the back of the seat tips forward and slots down behind the the seat you've just raised. meaning it's level from the back of the vehicle to the drivers seat.
    With the mods I'm doing, going to need a cert anyway just working out what I want and/or can do.

Thanks for the tips on the fuel tank, will have a gander on Sunday.

Bolts are no longer an issue, have removed them, just have to wait a couple of weeks until the skin grows back LOL
    Whoever disagrees with the saying "Might is right" obviously doesn't own a MQ

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, how this has me stumped, have tried a socket set, wheel brace and these two bolts will not move, even tried tapping the brace with a hammer, any advice would be greatly appreciated

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you need this part on your petrol engine ???
    If not dont bother with it,its on the diesel engine

Thanks
    Thanked 5,663 Times in 3,158 Posts
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rattle gun? If not available some heat would help. Also trying giving the head of the bolt a sharp tap with hammer then try and undo.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MQ MAD View Post
    Do you need this part on your petrol engine ???
    If not dont bother with it,its on the diesel engine
    Selling off the diesel to fund my project and have had a couple of offers for the turbo and one for just the engine. Splitting it will mean more coins to spend. Need to remove that bracket so I can remove the turbo.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nissannewby View Post
    Rattle gun? If not available some heat would help. Also trying giving the head of the bolt a sharp tap with hammer then try and undo.
    Don't own a rattle gun but will try the heat, will also try tapping the bolt, haven't done that yet.

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have a good running turbo diesel engine,its worth more complete and running rather than turbo less
    Sell the turbo and gear of it, the rest aint worth scrap,sell it complete mate youll get more for it

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MQ MAD For This Useful Post:

aussiemale (12th July 2012)

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey bryan just read your thread itll be cool as, but be warned old nissans are a disease hahaha , but the l series rock, whilt i have a diesel here in aus for obvious reasons , all sorts of cool stuff can be done to an l series , ill post a pic of my l20b in my last project the bluebird.........
    , i built all the efi, except for modified twin su manifold i mounted too, the quad coil ignition and the plenum is all stainless(desigined and built in my shed) with an ef falcon throttle body and tps,all controled by a microtec mtx8 .... this thing was nuts good for 7500rpm and about 240kph! pulled like a demon in 3rd at 140kph and averaged 9 l per 100km , just food for thought...

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh friggen brilliant Ian..just what I need..someone to encourage me!! Will direct all the handbrakes abuse your way thank you very much...love the shiny things. The tech stuff well above my skill set though, hell some of the things you were saying i know the words singularly but in the sentences you were saying was all gobblygook to me LOL. Got my 1st twitch on the fishing line in reference to someone interested in buying the SD33T engine so hoping like hell it comes through, all progress relies on that sale. Funds from that will go to the engine rebuild, running gear I'm hocking off will pay for the panel beater fixing the rust and the odds and ends on the body.
    This upcoming weekend is my 3day w/end so will do more cutting, slashing and bloodletting and will post the photos. Project is now at the stage that she has as much of my skin as I have

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast