Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IPOD connection

Hi Guys,

We recently purchased a 2005 GU ST Patrol, It currently has the standard nissan radio in it which incorporated a cd/ tape deck.

My problem is i am not a big fan of having thousnads of cd's floating around in the car, so my question to everyone is has anyone hooked up a plug that you can connect an ipod to to play through the radio.

I had an xr8 falcon and i fitted a kit from ford to it which was all plug and play so i thought maybe nissan did a similar thing.

Its not point ringing nissan because the only dealer in brisbane that im aware of is at Lutwyche and they are so rude and arrogant.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can Buy aftermarket I pod holder/charger that will play through the radio. You set the frequency and it will play on that channel. About $20 on ebay I think they are.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd be interested to see if there is a solution too. I imagine replacing the unit is the only answer.

I've tried the FM transmitter thing before without much success.

I suspect the unit is just too old to cope with iPod technology. I had to laugh when I saw the cassette player. My 5 yo didn't know what it did!
    2007 CRD Ti Patrol - springs, shocks, tyres, dual batt, bits of NADS here and there… (lots more to come)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would just replace the head unit man cheaper and better sound then stuffing around with fm transmitters

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,830 Times in 1,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ive replaced my head unit and have a ipod dock on my dash though i couldnt find what i wanted i had to modify one to suit.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah dont bother with the Fm transmitters mate. They work for a moment then only long enough to annoy you when the sound of static comes back. You can go to an audio mob and get them to install a converter. It comes in a little box along with a wiring loom and will be hard wired into the back of your stereo. i bought one about 3 years ago and it was $80. Then for a little bit more you could get another head unit as well. Personal preference matey.
    TB4.8L 2006 Petrol, Snorkel, 4"Suspension Stuff & Superior Eng, 315/75/16 (35") MTZ's, Dual Wheel carrier, Genuine Nissan Steel Winch Bar, WARN DX9000 Winch, DRC Fabrications Custom Rock sliders, Caged Boot, Upgraded Led lights & LED light Bar, GME TX3100 UHF, Rhino Heavy Duty Racks, Cruise Control/Triptonic. Beauty!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do you go about changing the head unit if you want to keep the steering wheel controls?

I'd like to get rid of the double DIN and 6 stacker CD unit and use the space for a UHF or something.
    2007 CRD Ti Patrol - springs, shocks, tyres, dual batt, bits of NADS here and there… (lots more to come)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you can get a cassett that fits into the tape deck that has a wire that comes out of it with a plug then you plug the ipod into this
    got from dicksmiths
    2007 GU 6 /ST-L / MYO8 / DIESEL/AUTO /MOONSTONE /pro vent 200
    OH LEATHER IS NICE

Thanks
    Thanked 12,450 Times in 6,269 Posts
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by megatexture View Post
    ive replaced my head unit and have a ipod dock on my dash though i couldnt find what i wanted i had to modify one to suit.
    Hey mate got any pics of your iPod dock?

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,830 Times in 1,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a standard bench dock and I’ve got a elastic strap with a hook to keep it in place when off-road on road its fine. The power cord and stereo plug run through the aircon duct to the head unit so it’s all hidden.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg z.jpg (313.4 KB, 13 views)