Thread: Rim Offsets for 35" Tires on a GU Ute

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rim Offsets for 35" Tires on a GU Ute

Just a quick qustion to see what rim offsets you guys with 35" tires are running, at present I have 16x8 with a -22 offset sunnies and plan to run 35" tires on these but im not sure if they will scrub on the inside front gaurd, being a ute I dont really need to worry about the rear

Cheers for any info
    99 GU Cab Chassis with Coils All Round not to be standard for to much longer

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A mate has a GU ute with a 5" lift & 35" tyres. Pretty sure he runs 16x8 Toyota rims. Apologies if that word is blasphemy in this forum but not sure the offset. They sit out further. Pretty sure he had to trim the rear of the front flaps a little to make em clear on turning. Hope this helps
    06 GU IV Nissan Patrol wagon 3.0L, Tough Dog 2" lift, Xrox bar, 12k Mako winch, 33" muddies, 3" exhaust, Awning, UHF, drawers & fridge, custom sliders, DVDs, custom water tank and pump, rack etc etc.
    Now just in - GQ Shorty 4.2 petrol, UHF - but looking at turbo or V8 conversion

Thanks
    Thanked 13,547 Times in 6,616 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Neg 22 will be fine. You may need to fit rear spacers on your front radius arms to help clear the back edge of your front guards.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yeah, also had small flares to cover the wheels as they stuck out a little
    06 GU IV Nissan Patrol wagon 3.0L, Tough Dog 2" lift, Xrox bar, 12k Mako winch, 33" muddies, 3" exhaust, Awning, UHF, drawers & fridge, custom sliders, DVDs, custom water tank and pump, rack etc etc.
    Now just in - GQ Shorty 4.2 petrol, UHF - but looking at turbo or V8 conversion

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    -13mm will be fine, Stock is +10mm. You will need radius arm spacers or drop boxes as most of these have a built in 10mm spacer. SL you can get away with 2" but at least 3" SL is required.