Thread: Teno's45 upgrades rig......

Thanks
    Thanked 6,891 Times in 3,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Teno's45 upgrades rig......

Hey mate, how about you show us what the truck looks like since you bought it.
    You've done a bit to it which should look great.
    C'mon mate

Sorry mate, someone had to start it...hhahaha

I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright then Kris, just for you mate (I swear it has nothing to do with getting out of studying)...

Bit about me to start with, I'm 24, from Wagga Wagga NSW, working as an Avionics Aircraft maintenance Engineer (I fix planes...). Studying to get my Engineering License.

After crashing my Mini, and getting sick of my commodore not being able to follow my mates in their Utes out camping and 4 wheel driving, I spent months looking for a great vehicle. How great? Well after buying the new rig, it convinced one of my mates he had to spend over 90G's on a new cruiser just to beat me. I picked up the Troll from Kris in Canberra back in feb, the first couple pics show how it was when I got it (I threw on the blue driving light covers)

2008 ST Patrol 3.0L CRD.
    55000kms
    Nissan Alloy Bull bar
    IPF900XS converted to HID
    Side steps
    Safari Snorkel
    2inch lift thanks to some Koni Shocks and Dobbinson coils
    80 channel UHF
    Second battery with solenoid Isolator
    In-Dash Navigation with Reverse Camera
    Scan gauge
    probably a few other bits and pieces I've forgotten.

First things first, as living out of town on a small farm, and going up in the mountains water skiing and snow skiing as I do, coming across Roo's are a big concern, and that Alloy bull bar just wasn't going to cut it. Neither would it handle a winch... so on they both went. My choice for taking a huge chunk out of my wallet were an ARB Deluxe bar with ARB fog lights. Hanging on the bottom of the big chunk of steel is an Avenger Mako TDS 12000lbs winch with some bright red Synthetic rope.

I've also upgraded the dual battery system to a RedArc VSR Isolator. Managed to acquire some 50mm2 cable, so there's no worries about the power getting through! Also thrown in two fuse distribution blocks, one set up as hot battery, the other accessories. Accessories has a three way switch, so it can be on with the keyed accessories, or on when I want it. Rewired the standard 12v sockets to the second battery to enable charging without having to leave the keys in the car, and no flat battery!

Bought a nice set of Sand Grabba floor mats throughout the car. Worked wonderfully over the weekend, with a car load of people trudging through the snow, they managed to catch all the melted snow and keep the carpets (relatively) dry! Whilst I've still got the woolen seat covers on the front that came with the troll, they will soon be replaced with a nice set of MSA or Black Duck canvas seat covers.

Starting to build up my recovery gear, picked up a 8T snatch strap a few months back, and then an ARB Recovery kit for my birthday. Also grabbed some equalizer brides off eBay, along with some recovery points for the front. Got one on the drivers side, but yet to decide how I'm going to do the left hand side yet.

Other bits and pieces on the cards:
    - Rear drawers - got plenty of plans, just waiting for the time and the money.
    - Table for the rear door
    - Scrub bars

So far done most of my playing around up around the Tumut and blowering dam area. Played in the snow last weekend around Cabbramurra and Kiandra. My mates all piled in to my car to go for a 4WD because they didn't think there's would make it (all Toyota drivers!)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Teno's Troll...
    08 CRD ST. 2" lift, 33' Maxis Bighorns, Snorkel, ARB Deluxe Bar with Foggies, 12000lbs Avenger Mako TDS with Synthetic rope.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to teno45 For This Useful Post:

Bob (30th May 2012), Clunk (29th May 2012), Oversize (11th November 2012)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sorry mate I couldn't resist...lol

I love the new bar and winch....just tops it all off.The rest of the gear will complement it nicely
    Looks like you're looking after it very nicely as you should...HAHA..well done mate.

Throw more pics up when you ready...

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow mate, that is one tidy ride.
    Keep us posted on the upgrades.
    "Gunter" - 1993 Nissan Patrol GQ DX II, 6cyl 4.2L Diesel. 2" Lift EFS suspension. 33" Mickey Thompson MTZ (285/75 R16). Warn Winch

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finished off my reverse lights last week, replaced the camera and driving light switches to Carling tech. Rewired the reverse camera.

Teno's Troll...
    08 CRD ST. 2" lift, 33' Maxis Bighorns, Snorkel, ARB Deluxe Bar with Foggies, 12000lbs Avenger Mako TDS with Synthetic rope.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to teno45 For This Useful Post:

JoseM (10th November 2012)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Looking goooooood!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,115 Times in 2,901 Posts
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice rig buddy
    2011 GU8 ST 3.0 CRD, ARB Bullbar with IPF spotties, scrub bars and side steps, Snorkel, Dual Battery system, Waeco fridge, Turbo Timer, ARB Roof Rack with 5 IPF spotties across the front, Custom full Leather Bucket seats, DPchip, 3" Taipan exhaust, ARE Intercooler & scoop, Autron EGT/Boost and dual volt gauges, ARB front locker.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,997 Times in 2,911 Posts
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    thats a top idea for the reverse light mate! looks great!
    I got red dust in my veins.

Check out My Rig here: Broken

Pics of Forum trips I've Been on:
    Pizza at AB's - 2012 Knockwood - 2013 Krissos Place Australia Day - 2015 Pizza at AB's - March 2015 Pizza at AB's - May 2015 Dargo - 2015 Newnes - 2016

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeh I'm happy with the reverse light. Only a small 10 watt LED, but does the job. Unfortunately, when I have one of AB's wheel bags on it, it's covered!

Took a bit of filing to get it to fit, but I'm happy with it!

Thought I'd just throw in this pic from the weekend, I like it!
    Last edited by teno45; 26th June 2012 at 11:44 PM.
    Teno's Troll...

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After last nights test run, Tonight I pulled apart my Battery Isolator switch and replaced the bulbs with LED's. Figured while I had the dash apart, I'd finish off some wiring.

Now got all the CustomRocker switches with lower light coming on with the parking lights, and the upper light set up as an activation light.
    Reverse light can either be automatically on with reverse gear, or manually on. Same for reverse camera.
    I have an "Second Battery Accessories Bus" set up, that can either turn on when the car accessories is turn on, or manually, so I can run the cd player and UHF without having keys in the ignition.
    Also have the a battery isolator switch set up for link indication and manual link.

Teno's Troll...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast