Thread: help with lcd roof mount install

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by beansathome View Post
    ok wireing is in used a wire coat hanger to pull it threw. going to get some 10 mm steel bar and make a 2 braces that runn along the back of the screen held on by 6 self tappers. will end up being prety stable when im finished. thanks for the ideas. im suprised at the amount of steel thats round the light will b a good fittng point
    Hey Mate, I've got the exact same unit as yours, two screws into the metal bracket in the roof space where the light sits is enough. The unit is as solid as, doesn't wobble or move. Just a word of advice, wrap some thin cloth or foam around the RCA plugs when leaving them in the unit, as it will rattle and anoy the sh!t out you.
    Cheers Mick

Everyone makes mistakes, the trick is to make them when no-one is looking.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to molongmick For This Useful Post:

Clunk (4th June 2011)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok an update all installed i secured with 3 screws there is alot of soled mounting area up there just used some self tappers but found that i neede some more suport because i mounted it towards the front of the screen so as the screen was further towards the front just seems like its easwer 2 watch so that made some flex towards the back instead.

the sulotion i cam up with was to weld up a squar outa some flat bar i have luying round to make the frame more ridged and stop the back from saging. works great but i just gota get some sorta black trim to fill the gap between the screen and the roof also swaped the video in and the vidio out around so as the plugs that lead to the roof are the ones that recive video rather then send.

i have managed to not have 2 put any screws there the roof so i can remove with out leaving any damage to the roof lining.

no i gota find the handbrake line and reverse light line so i can hook in the reverse camera and hand break switch for the headunit.

Quote Originally Posted by molongmick View Post
    Hey Mate, I've got the exact same unit as yours, two screws into the metal bracket in the roof space where the light sits is enough. The unit is as solid as, doesn't wobble or move. Just a word of advice, wrap some thin cloth or foam around the RCA plugs when leaving them in the unit, as it will rattle and anoy the sh!t out you.
    did u fing the mounting screwws for the screen to the mounting plate where miles 2 long ? i havent put anything in to stop the viabration yet i supose ill find out soon and might pull it down and do it lol

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    great tips thanks

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123