Thread: What spotties to buy?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What spotties to buy?

Hi all,
    I'm in the market for some new spotties for my GU Patrol can anyone give me some advice with what to look out for.
    I'm not looking for HID as they are a little out of my price range. I've read a little about the Lightforce range are they any better than Hella or any other brand?
    Hope you can help.
    Cheers..

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,558 Times in 6,620 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Your other option is to buy lights and put a HID kit in it mate. You will get a HID kit off eBay out of Hong Kong for under $100 in a 55watt.

Buy your lights then buy the kit that suits them. It will save you $500 at least
    Last edited by MudRunnerTD; 5th April 2012 at 11:43 PM. Reason: Bloody iPhone auto correct!!
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Richo460 (13th April 2012), Superoo (5th April 2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,663 Times in 3,158 Posts
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Go lightforce mate they are a tough light i have 4 on my gq have been on there about 5 or so years without a drama. Have just put a set of 55w hid xgt lightforces on my GU and they are bloody tops. Have a look at a set of halogen 240 blitz mate i reckon they would be your go

6. The Following User Says Thank You to nissannewby For This Useful Post:

Superoo (6th April 2012)

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    light force are they go... unless you can find a cheap set of ciebe super oscars!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to iansmqshotyy For This Useful Post:

Superoo (6th April 2012)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Light Force the only option :-) Tough, rugged, look great and are 100% Australian made!!
    GU ST-L 4.2 turbo diesel Because reliability counts!!!!!
    Front Elocker and a Heep more cool stuff :-)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Lewy For This Useful Post:

Superoo (15th April 2012)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have a look at Roo lites they are cheaper than lightforce, I have a pair of both And I cant tell any difference between them.
    Both pairs I have upgraded to HID.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Benno7 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    got my set of lightforce HIDs (note same casing as the XGT) over 6 yrs ago. they came free with a very impressive history.

arb in pt hedland, karatha, or somewhere up north just purchased and decked out a new GU patrol, put it on a truck and sent it up to themselves. now we are talking just about every top end bolt on product that thier stores carry. bars, wheel carriers, uhf, lift, racks, you name it, and a set of brand new to the market lighforce 240 hids.

well about half way between meekatharra and newman this patrol for unknown reasons fell off the top rack of the truck that was taking it north, it finished up on its roof in the southbound lane in the middle of the night. before the driver of the car transporter could set up hazzard triangles and lights and such a southbound truck loaded up collided with this patrol, just about obliterated it too.

well i got the clean up job, insurance company told me to organise the patrol to the tip as it was a total write off. now these lightforce lights came out with hardly a scratch on the outside casing, the filter covers were still on in fact, however the front bar was found in 4 peices, these 2 lights were found on 2 different peices. just out of curiousity and after recently watching some commerciall about shooting a blitz with a 12 guage shotgun i took the lights and tested them on my battery.

WHOA!!!! they both worked!!!! lit up and blinded the hell out of me. so a quick call to the insurance company and they became mine. still have them today. so far they have taken direct hits from 2 kangaroos, several birds, been knocked around by scrub, corrugations, covered in mud, drowned in muddy water, and i have never had to change the globes. wiring harness to the back of the casing has been changed once though due to an attemted theft.

i cannot recommend another light after knowing first hand what this set has been through, any lights i ever get in the future will be lightforce 240 with the current xgt/hid casing

14. The Following User Says Thank You to stets For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    STREWTH... there's a voice from the dim dark past... how the hell are ya Stets

Anyway, back on topic... I have a set of 220 Roolites (cause I'm a tight rrse) and I put a Lightforce HID kit in them over 3 years ago. Just plain awesome, after they warm up.
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've put IPF 900XS on I went to northern 4wd centre and that's wot they use it was pretty good price too

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm interested too, i was going to put some LED light bars on the front of my roof rack but am not sure if they are any good or should i get spotties? any got those LED bars? I really wanna light up the night sky!
    If you going through hell...Keep going

GQ wagon locked - lifted - 33's, 02 SS ute, XB coupe 460bb, KTM530

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast