Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MacTrol

Thanks
    Thanked 1,917 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big day, mowed lawns, BBQ and beers, jacks out of the cupboard, expensive camera............. maybe tomorrow
    sorry lads
    Macca

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Somewhere I have lost the down load lead for the camera, what a PITA.

Got to check I didnt leave it at a digital course Im doing at the Community College tomorrow night, if its not there looks like the camera shop is getting more out of me.

Things are progressing, waiting for outsourced bits to arrive or be made, we have air, fridge, lights, music, UHF and cooker all finished.

The water is 95% done, shelves for storage tubs 50%, winch needs repairing and will be ready tomorrow, the STT's are on the old hilux rims so they need to be swapped over, tie down the spare and bolt the box to the tray properly.

The tanks not made for the shower so that might take a back seat on the job list.

We are heading to Chichester on the 27th so should be ready to camp by then.

Its raining again and the box roof leaks where the roof rack has applied some pressure to a dodgy seam in the roof so it will have to come off and be done properly.

All in all we are progressing.

Suspension is going to be the real worry, even being aware of wieght the back is still getting lower and lower. Best to load it up go over a wiegh bridge and design a suspension to suit. The local bloke is talking about OME Sports, but I have a leaning towards Tough Dog Ralph, a member here suggested Koni which I have used with good results before so that up for discussion.... I had King coils in the Lux and they were great so will probably stick with them. They didn't sag naff all compared to other well known brands on mates Lux's.

Be great to hear your thoughts

Macca

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oohhh the suspense!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Found the lead so here are some pics as promised, man there is still heaps to do and work - that dirty four letered word is getting in the way

Inverter, water pump, 3rd batt with its own isolator/controller all plugged in with andersons, back of fridge tilt with old strut as travel limit

Kitchen 1/2 built

From drivers side

Dual volt guage for aux batts & programme button, IPF mouse

Centre console UHF, GPS, Head unit (Ipod & Bluetooth), Battery monitor/controller, compressor switch and winch control, curly one is for phone charger

Last edited by macca; 13th September 2012 at 08:54 PM. Reason: Added notes to pics

Thanks
    Thanked 20,875 Times in 8,622 Posts
    Mentioned
    583 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Another pod, love the set up in the pod Macca, very well thought out, especially the fridge!

Keep the pics coming when you finish the kitchen bit, etc

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,443 Times in 1,007 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats the stuff I like seeing in a 4x4. nice setup mate I would enjoy using it so I know you are........ Thanks for the pics

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,137 Times in 1,001 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice set up.
    The fridge tilt/slide base is a great idea, do you have any more photos of it?

Tony

Thanks
    Thanked 3,792 Times in 2,091 Posts
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    WOW I just want one
    If any members require assistance in anything regarding this forum, just let me know via a PM and I will help you in any way that I can.

Thanks
    Thanked 20,875 Times in 8,622 Posts
    Mentioned
    583 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by YNOT View Post
    Nice set up.
    The fridge tilt/slide base is a great idea, do you have any more photos of it?

Tony
    I too would like to know how that works mate if you get a chance...Ripper idea!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey thanks guys, yeah the tilt is great, but I have had to cable tie dividers in the fridge basket for obvious reasons....
    It has a couple of large SS door hinges welded to the pivot point and bolted to the bench top. I made a spring loaded pin that passes underneath and fits in a bracket to stop it bouncing about. The strut that limits travel has lost its gas so is only to relieve stress on the pivot point. It has worked fine for 5 years now and can not see it playing up now. The fridge is getting a cage made from alum expanded mesh which stops stuff falling under the thing when its tilted.
    Got a big day tomorrow so not sure when I can get pics up for you, Can't give you too much in one day .....
    Macca

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast