OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Replacing of Carpet in a Gu Patrol and Installation of a ARB CKMTA12 Air Compressor

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amazing!
    Thanks for the response Hutchy.

is it useable in the guise you purchase it? - ie. if I don't get around to mounting and plumbing it immediately, is it possible to connect a hose & the battery terminals without anything extra (ie. has the standard air output on it)

Cheers,
    Tim

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mrcrazydude

When you purchased your compressor if you look at my first picture of the compressor thats how it comes in the compressor kit you get the fitting to attach to the compressor and by memory i think that is it

I also purchased the air line kit also which com with the general clip up fittings as for the blue air line and the brass fittings you see in the second pic i purchased them separatly

As for using the compressor without it being mounted i would not reccomend it at all even though it runs very smoothly it really isnt set up for leaving it on the ground and it is to bulky to try and leave sit on the engine bay somewhere.

Also you will need to purchase some 50 amp positive wire and 50amp negative wire aswell, also 3 battery terminal connectors the reason why i mounted it on my drivers side is that i didnt have to travel as far to the battery as with a longer distance to travel you are creating more resistance in getting the power to the compressor.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks!
    Yeah, I noticed the blue one with the fitting, didn't realise you'd bought that separate.
    Was that from ARB or pirtek etc?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i made the section up myself the gear i just bought from a industrial painting place but if i was going to put a tank in i would get stainless braided lines made up for me

6. The Following User Says Thank You to hutchy84 For This Useful Post:

HammerBuilder (20th April 2012)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice job ,, i was planning to install a air compressor and was wondering where is the perfect place, i think under the seat was a good place

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An absolute outstanding self install there Hutchy, I am planning on replacing my carpet in the near future (meh, maybe around xmas time). I have saved this post for future reference.

In regards to the underlay, have you noticed a resonable difference from before the replacement to now with soundproofing?? I am not sure what track I should go down i.e: sound vs water proofing.

I was also looking at installing a compressor under the seat, but I have a nasty history with anything to do with electicity.

Thankyou for all those pics, I dont feel so worried now about ripping my internals out now

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123