Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,137 Times in 1,001 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by -ET 4wd- View Post
    Ok here goes, Steering box (GU box is stronger and has a better turning circle), Diffs (GU diffs are 40mm wider and have stronger CV joints) , all control arms, body, springs, shocks, tailshafts, fueltanks,
    Only thing with the diffs is you will need a adjustable drag link and you will have to retain the GU relay rod for the steering.
    If it is a 4.8 then you will need to run 16 inch rims as the front calipers are HUGE!....unless like me you give them a bit of lovin then they fit good!...and do they stop!
    Also some of the GU (4.8 auto) use a in-the-drum handbrake assembly so you will have to remove that to keep the GQ one. (thats what i did!)
    gearbox is interchangeable but the shfter will sit back further, the transfers are exactly the same, unless of course it has the above handbrake which will mean there will be no hand brake drum on the back of the transfer.
    thats about all i can think of at the mo!

Steve.
    ET nailed it, I just added a bit more info, thought it might help Todd to understand that a GQ can be improved by adding GU parts!

Tony

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12