Cheers, John

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    EDIT, OH YEAH!!! don't kneel or sit on the top radiator tank, as you WILL snap the overflow spiggot!![/QUOTE]

I always wondered how come my overflow spiggot got that way, I know I didnt do it, an Im not game to bend it back!
    I remember getting the local mechanic to do tappet clearance a while back, just putting 2 and 2 together.
    Getting back to the EGR blanking thread
    TB4.2 EFI GQ 1992 ti pet/lpg........... have I got an egr that could be blanked off? I am always looking for improvement, Marty

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dunno mate, have a look and see if you have an EGR valve hanging off the inlet manifold,
    Cheers, the ferret.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a quick look under the bonnet and around both manifolds, nothing there like what I would expect, did a internet search found someone who thought TB4.2E does have an EGR? but I shall keep lookin. I have blanked EGRs before on a pajero I had but that was plainly visible. I am going to keep lookin online see what I can find cheers

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the Y60s TD42 and (T) you can just unplug it under the bonnet at the 3 solenoids.
    Safari Hoarder

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had an 03 ZD30 and when I blocked it at 180000km's nuber three intake runner was reduced to about a five cent peice with black sludge (just like the photo's in the reference doc). I pulled the whole intake all the way to the head to get rid of it. It worked fine on the old ZD30 but what happens to EGT's on the New CRD. My new truck is not here yet so I can't fit my guages and do it. Has anyone with EGT/Boost guages done this mod??? What was the outcome??? How big of a hole did you require in the blank to prevent the EGR from throwing a code???

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello everybody...

Well am kinda messing up alot with myZD30 now. EGR block went so easy after following up what was brought up in AKSNISS reference document, that i would like to thank and appreciate the good job done.

My problem comes after not obeying the recommendations of installing a boost gauge and taking readings before EGR blocking... however, i decided to drive as it is, but then ended up by having excessive feul consumption and engine loosing power. For some reason i decided to unblock the EGR again and have it back to its original state as it did already 200,000Km by now and the EGR block was done when it was approx. going 160,000Km.

Now i am not able to adjust back the VNT, car is losing power as well as it had a weeeeeew sound coming from the turbo but now it has disappeared. A Nissan mechanic advised that i have a problem with the injection pump "i don't know what he is speaking about" anyway i didn't feel comfortable with him neither convinced of what he told me so i decided to get your professional advice.

I Hope that i have not screwed up everything. what i am sure of is that the the turbo is still alive as when i remove the hose that is connecting to the VNT actuator there is some air suction and the VNT lever is moving.

It will be great if i get some help from you guy to DIY as where i am staying i cant find a descent mechanic to help me get sorted. Cheers..

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doubt the pump mate. I find most things that go wrong are something you touched (VNT screw). Try to set it back to original position firstly. Then see what ya got. Get the boost presure gauge. Even if ya have to borrow one for a couple of days. Your blind without it.
    YOU CANT POLISH A TURD.... BUT YOU CAN ROLL IT IN GLITTER.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just blocked the EGR on my Terrano, a stainless steel paint scraper made the ultimate sacrifice and got made into a blanking plate.

I blocked it where the EGR pipe goes into the inlet manifold downstream of the EGR valve, really easy to get to on my truck.
    Pipe was full of hard crusty black gunk too.

Cheers for all the information here.

Edit: Opps, she wont run or start now. I think it has more to do with me disconnecting the battery then blocking the EGR. Is there anything special you need to do when reconnecting the battery after a few hours disconnected?
    Last edited by NZDaz; 25th November 2011 at 04:53 PM.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have disconnected my battery again to try and reset the ECU and also give it a good charge. In the mean time I decided to have a wee look inside the inlet to see if the black crud was through it as well...

Looks like I will be pulling it right out to give it a good clean.
    Are those two butterfly's the ones you recommend removing as well?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 17 of 52 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast