Thread: Stedi LED lights

Threaded View

Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuppa View Post
    Ta. I realised after I posted before that I needed to have the load connected to mesasure the voltage drop. Doh. So I checked it again this morning & found with the motor running & battery voltage at 14.03v I got a voltage drop of 1.39v. Kinda wish it was more! Certainly heavier wiring would reduce that voltage drop, but whether by enough to see a worthwhile improvement is the big question. Anyone have thoughts on that? Patrolapart's loom is $285 which is a lot of dough to spend if it doesn't make a lot of difference. Cheapest pre made wiring harness I've been able to turn up is still $170. (Traxide - but includes wiring for a pair of driving lights).
    In the olden days when I had old Holdens, I used to cut the head light loom and fit a pair of 30 amp relays. One for low and one for high. Power came from the battery to the relays via 6 mm wire and I was able to run 90/120 H4 globes without worry. Sometimes I got creative and made up a new loom myself from the relay to the lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Yeti's Beast For This Useful Post:

Cuppa (13th April 2020)