Thread: Introducing DavesStuff - Innovative Camping Gear That Works

Thanks
    Thanked 20,707 Times in 8,557 Posts
    Mentioned
    579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Introducing DavesStuff - Innovative Camping Gear That Works

Hi folks, I would like to welcome a new vendor to our forum.

Davesstuff.net is a start-up 4wd and camping goods business that recognised some equipment just needed improvement. The first product is the Combi Oven – a simple multi-function camp oven that allows the user to cook roasts, soups, stews, pizza’s, cakes, bread, smoke fish, gently warm food and also is the only camping oven on the market that has an optional smoker built in so you can infuse those smoke flavours into everything you cook. The entire package comes in a heavy duty canvas bag and measures 35cm x 35cm x 20cm. There are 3 models to choose from, so have a look at www.davesstuff.net for full details and pricing. This oven system is 100% Australian designed and manufactured, and it’s made to last – you won’t need another one in your lifetime – guaranteed.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to AB For This Useful Post:

Clunk (11th October 2016), growler2058 (12th October 2016), Hodge (30th April 2017), jay see (11th October 2016), Kimbo63 (11th October 2016), MB (12th November 2017), MudRunnerTD (11th October 2016), mudski (11th October 2016), NissanGQ4.2 (12th October 2016), Rossco (11th October 2016), rusty_nail (30th October 2016), Sherro (4th July 2017), threedogs (12th November 2016), Touses (11th October 2016), TPC (11th October 2016), VK2FMIA (11th October 2016), Woof (11th October 2016)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 12,385 Times in 6,249 Posts
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sounds good, but the website is not working.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,943 Times in 3,161 Posts
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
    Sounds good, but the website is not working.
    Works for me.

Thanks
    Thanked 20,707 Times in 8,557 Posts
    Mentioned
    579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Works for me Winnie?

Thanks
    Thanked 12,385 Times in 6,249 Posts
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Cool, it is working for me now too.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A bit pricey for me, and too much to pay to replace my Cobb & camp ovens which do just as good a job.
    2014 Titanium Y61 with all the fruit ................

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,647 Times in 2,645 Posts
    Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Guys, thanks for having a loot at the website. The costs are simply indicative of manufacturing costs locally in low volume runs. There is a considerable amount of labour component in each oven and includes operations of metal spinning and laser cutting, all which simply costs.

I will be running an intro offer for forum sponsors that will be a discounted price. I understand the 'sticker shock' as it is a big number, however it is a system that has taken a while to develop and will last a lifetime - not that the other camp ovens won't.

Keep an eye out for the promo and hope to win you over.

thanks Phil

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

AB (11th October 2016), Clunk (11th October 2016), growler2058 (12th October 2016), Kimbo63 (12th October 2016), MudRunnerTD (11th October 2016), rusty_nail (30th October 2016), Woof (11th October 2016)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bazzaboy View Post
    A bit pricey for me, and too much to pay to replace my Cobb & camp ovens which do just as good a job.
    Thanks for having a look Bazzaboy and commenting - all valuable info. Question though, can you make or cook pizza's in either of your devices and or can you smoke infuse in either of them? It' s important for me to understand if there are any other systems out there that can do everything the Combi Oven can. I am not even attempting to turn this into some sort of marketing joust, but am curious to understand how you validate these items would 'do just as good a job'.

To be honest if I had invested in what you have already it would be a significant Challenge to swap ships, as you have said. Look forward to hearing back from you, would appreciate it.
    Thanks PHIL

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PBBIZ2 View Post
    Thanks for having a look Bazzaboy and commenting - all valuable info. Question though, can you make or cook pizza's in either of your devices and or can you smoke infuse in either of them? It' s important for me to understand if there are any other systems out there that can do everything the Combi Oven can. I am not even attempting to turn this into some sort of marketing joust, but am curious to understand how you validate these items would 'do just as good a job'.

To be honest if I had invested in what you have already it would be a significant Challenge to swap ships, as you have said. Look forward to hearing back from you, would appreciate it.
    Thanks PHIL
    G'day Phil, you can indeed cook pizza and smoke on a Cobb cooker, how good they are at it, I can't say but have been looking at buying a Cobb for quite some time, so have checked out quite a few vids on youtube.

Good to see new products though and good luck with you venture

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clunk View Post
    G'day Phil, you can indeed cook pizza and smoke on a Cobb cooker, how good they are at it, I can't say but have been looking at buying a Cobb for quite some time, so have checked out quite a few vids on youtube.

Good to see new products though and good luck with you venture
    t

Thanks Clunk, I didn't know this. The Cobb looks like a good package, however can't say I have used one, hence can't compare the performance.

The Combi oven can churn out pizzas every ten minutes once it's hot, and the insulated cooking zone allows very close control of the cooking rate for roasts and stews - certainly I have found you get a more consistent result than with a camp oven and I have been cooking with conventional cast iron and spun ovens for over 25 years. I have found the cooking time for roasts is also reduced by around 40% on a conventional camp oven, without burning, and if you are cooking in windy conditions you don't get a hot and cold side of the pot. I put up a couple of shots on the Facebook page taken with the Combi oven in action in the snow. That weekend was the monster drop one that hit Vic in late July from memory. We had minus 15 all night and minus 5 during the day. The oven simply was dropped onto/into 300mm of snow, fired up and cooked a roast on the first night and pizzas the next - simplicity.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

Clunk (12th October 2016), gubigfish (12th October 2016), rusty_nail (30th October 2016)

Page 1 of 48 12311 ... LastLast