User Tag List

Thread: Auto oil

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Auto oil

just asking my gu has clear or slightly yellow auto oil im going to put penrite semi synth in just any thoughts please
    07 crd,,bridgestone 697lt, 2.75 buedesert ex, SOLD theres a lot of my blood, sweat and money in that troll.

92 gq ti tb42efi my brothers gq extractors dual batteries brake controller uhf alloy bullbar SOLD with a heavy heart but gone to a nice young fella

13 y62 the beast that burbles

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Needs changing the nissan matic d wasn't a bright red like most auto oils more a browny red, doesn't sound like you've got any water in there just needs a service just make sure the oil is compatible with the trans. It's been 10 years since i've played with any auto's and oils have come a long way.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sherro For This Useful Post:

kevin07 (31st December 2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Went the Penrite path in the auto recently, first used semi-synthetic and was good for a bit then noticed I was getting some slippage on trans when releasing and then reapplying throttle but not all the time tho not to bad also gear change was a bit harsher, so decided to do it properly and took pan of and replaced strainer/filter and cleaned around magnet with new gasket, all looked good, replaced with Penrite Synthetic this time and slippage is gone and gear changes more smoother, was on special at repco and is not much dearer than semi synthetic anyway.
    Last edited by SG1; 31st December 2014 at 12:33 PM.
    02 GU ZD30 Auto, NADS, Setting up for touring and camping, Best thing is the missus loves driving it to..

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SG1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,062 Times in 615 Posts
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you're moving to a different type of oil i.e. synthetic or even semi, best advice is to flush the lot. I bought a 20 lt drum of Nulon synthetic for $194 at Bursons.
    John

2001 GUII TI 4500 - Now converted to TD42T auto with Nomad valve body

8. The Following User Says Thank You to jff45 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherro View Post
    Needs changing the nissan matic d wasn't a bright red like most auto oils more a browny red, doesn't sound like you've got any water in there just needs a service just make sure the oil is compatible with the trans. It's been 10 years since i've played with any auto's and oils have come a long way.
    thanks sherro the penrite specifically states nissan matic d yes and a service is overdue
    07 crd,,bridgestone 697lt, 2.75 buedesert ex, SOLD theres a lot of my blood, sweat and money in that troll.

92 gq ti tb42efi my brothers gq extractors dual batteries brake controller uhf alloy bullbar SOLD with a heavy heart but gone to a nice young fella

10. The Following User Says Thank You to kevin07 For This Useful Post:

Sherro (2nd January 2015)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SG1 View Post
    Went the Penrite path in the auto recently, first used semi-synthetic and was good for a bit then noticed I was getting some slippage on trans when releasing and then reapplying throttle but not all the time tho not to bad also gear change was a bit harsher, so decided to do it properly and took pan of and replaced strainer/filter and cleaned around magnet with new gasket, all looked good, replaced with Penrite Synthetic this time and slippage is gone and gear changes more smoother, was on special at repco and is not much dearer than semi synthetic anyway.
    thanks i will be changing the filter. i would go the full synth except i dont want to mix ill leave that one till i can get to wholesale automatics thanks. kev