User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ironman bars

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers for the info guys, it's good to hear from people that have these parts fitted as I am only new to the whole scene.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewboyaus View Post
    Matty, In my opinion, better value can be had (given you own a GQ) by hunting out a good condition, second hand winch bar for your GQ. For the same price you are quoting for a new bar, I picked up an ARB winch bar, ARB steel steps and scrub bars and a winch (that I reconditioned and now works better than new). As much as I love my old Q, I can't justify full priced accessories that can't be used on another vehicle if at some point I upgrade to a later model.
    Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    I had a look around at 2nd hand bars and I guess at the end of the day I want to try and get everything new where possible, I picked the old Q up as a project to start restoring back to production where possible, the side bars don't really bother me to much since I have already made up a set of solid sidesteps so maybe down the track I may make up a set of scrub bars to fit as well.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,525 Times in 887 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matty852 View Post
    I had a look around at 2nd hand bars and I guess at the end of the day I want to try and get everything new where possible, I picked the old Q up as a project to start restoring back to production where possible, the side bars don't really bother me to much since I have already made up a set of solid sidesteps so maybe down the track I may make up a set of scrub bars to fit as well.
    That's cool.....I have been building mine up from a stock unit. Nearly all the bits (except electrics and suspension) have been sourced second hand and I always enjoy the look on my mates' faces when I tell them how much I picked up my latest mod for. I just can't justify spending more than the car is worth on mods.
    The beauty of this lifestyle is that there are many ways to skin a cat when it comes to pimping your ride......

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

1997 GQ Patrol RX, TB42E. Mods: OME 2" lift, 33" BFG KM2'S, ARB winch bar & reconditioned X9 Superwinch, IPF 900 spotties HID conversion, ARB side steps and scrub bars, Kaymar rear step & spare wheel carrier & jerry holder, Rear 55W LED worklight, Safari Snorkel, 147L LRA tank, Extended diff breathers, dual batteries, GME UHF, Home built drawer and fridge slide, ARB 60L fridge.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha I can't really say that, I picked up my rig for 6k, it already had a 2 inch lift and had a turbo and intercooler fitted, just needed a tune and have a zd39 airbox fitted to hook up the snorkel all up I have spent about 3k on parts and mods upto now and have maybe another 4k or so to go before I get it to where I want it, it's been a good run so far.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Matty852 For This Useful Post:

Drewboyaus (30th April 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,664 Times in 3,125 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clunk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman 4x4 View Post

Hey Mate,

Yes they are the same base, so if that issue is occuring on one it will be happening on all.

I'd love to get my eyes on one of these in the flesh (on a GQ) so that we could suss out what's happening there.
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Westy's Accessories View Post
    Hey Mate,

Thanks, as you can see in that thread, I stated that I believed we left provisions for aftermarket recovery points. But I really do need to get my eyes on one of these bars again (fitted to a vehicle) to suss out what's happening here in detail.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,577 Times in 911 Posts
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman 4x4 View Post
    Hey Mate,

Thanks, as you can see in that thread, I stated that I believed we left provisions for aftermarket recovery points. But I really do need to get my eyes on one of these bars again (fitted to a vehicle) to suss out what's happening here in detail.

Feel free to fit one to my car to check it out if you want ha ha
    Lucus30's 1999 GU ST TB45E

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can sort of see what the issue would be but I guess there's always a way around it

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While I remember, if I was to grab a bar that is fitted for fog lights what's the chances or being able to pull them out and fit in a small set of LED driving lights since my GQ isn't fitted for fog lights
    Last edited by Matty852; 1st May 2014 at 09:13 PM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matty852 View Post
    While I remember, if I was to grab a bar that is fitted for fog lights what's the chances or being able to pull them out and fit in a small set of LED driving lights since my GQ isn't fitted for fog lights
    I'll just say it's been done. The same with changing the globes in those fog lights to HID...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast