Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: For Those Who Judge Me

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For Those Who Judge Me

It was pointed out to me that some poeple may judge me for what I do, not why I do it. People who don't know me, would be excused for their ignorance as they stereo type me.

I have a natural ability of being able act as a nucleus of a network. I can help people find someone that can provide a specific service to them that they need. I usually sell peoples goods for them by acting as the middle man at no cost.

Another natural ability I have, is turn trash into treasure. I see something being thrown away, and if it is in good order, I will ask if I could grab it. This is either because I can see resale value in it, or, I know someone who may take off my hands.

Yes, sometime I sell it and make a few bucks, but hey, I am one half of a life time partnership, and I provide for my wife on my income alone. So I am always looking to make a few extra bucks.

With saying that, I some times pass the freebies down the line. As this has the effect of double award points coming back to me in life.

I help people when I can with my labour, in hope that I can call on their hand one day. I don't hold my hand out for money unless it's been discussed prior. I have as a Member of this forum helped a few members out with parts, and kept the price way down in the spirit of this great forum. I also helped a member out for free in labour fitting some parts that I sold that person.

No I am not expecting a Medal, or chest to pin it on, or a pat on the back. Just to be given enough respect as to not be labelled a scab, just because I TREASURE other peoples TRASH.

So if you are getting rid of something and think it may still have some use to somebody, PM me and let me know. I may be able to pass the info onto somebody who needs it.

Tim
    Last edited by Finly Owner; 5th July 2012 at 11:09 PM. Reason: spelling an spacing
    Getting Older Is Unavoidable, Growing Up Is Optional!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No harm in finding a buck and making it a prisoner Tim, My Grandfather drove the "night cart" had a big family and a heart to match.
    What you do is fine by me mate.
    To Hell with what people may think, you are your own person.
    You are also a very well respected member of this forum.
    Cheers, Rod.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to the ferret For This Useful Post:

Finly Owner (6th July 2012)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What you do is your own business mate and people shouldn't judge you for it. You sound like my parents. They call themselves dung beetles haha. They recycle people's sh**. But hey it provided a roof over our heads growing up so who cares

6. The Following User Says Thank You to lufkin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,788 Times in 2,090 Posts
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Tim in my honest opinion are a bloody great bloke.
    To hell with all of them mate.
    If any members require assistance in anything regarding this forum, just let me know via a PM and I will help you in any way that I can.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Woof For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,740 Times in 2,501 Posts
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The old saying mate people in glass houses, and it's gothin to do with anyone else, recycling is good practice and as for making a buck well good on you.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Stropp For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 20,810 Times in 8,593 Posts
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You bloody scab....LMAO...Timbo, I used to regularly get up at sparrows on Saturdays and hit the garage sales in the farming areas.

Made some good cash collecting building materials or wagon wheels and old garden ornaments, etc, clean them up and sell them on Ebay.

If I lost my job I would probably go back to that and make some good coin along the way.

I know someone who runs an antique store and does the same thing and also drives around rural Victoria knocking on farmers doors to get the old rustic things on the property, restore them and on sell. They make very good money!!!!

Example: Picked up an entire house lot of Kliplock roofing only 15 minutes from my house for $230. Took 2 hours to get it and sold on Ebay for $1500. Not bad for 2 hours work!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to AB For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,891 Times in 3,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Far out Tim, tell them to go and jump. As they say one persons trash is another's treasure. ......I still love finding stuff for free or cheap and do something with it. Spent years getting up at 2am to go to trash and treasure markets looking for goodies. It's a hobby mate, enjoy it.

And thanks for all your help in Aussie Rules thread mate. No one else put their hand up!!!!
    Last edited by Maxhead; 6th July 2012 at 08:23 AM.

I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Maxhead For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,917 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tim I have no idea by who or what or why you are not happy, but from my point of view you just keep on doing what you do.
    You are a huge part of this forum and what you do has made you who you are so dont go changing, OK.
    You got my support, Macca

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to macca For This Useful Post:

Finly Owner (6th July 2012), nissannewby (6th July 2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Nothing wrong with being a Seagull, I and my mates Live by your Princibles, always help each other, repaid with BBQ and a few cold ones.IF NOT FAVOUR RETURNED DOWN THE TRACK been doing it this way since the late 70S WHEN WE ALL HAD MOTORBIKES. don't change for anyone. Sometjmes it doesn,t happen over night but it does happen. Mateship still strong after 35 plus years. And don't get me started on Hard rubbish day it used to be called junk day. Remember mum telling me once "no you can't keep the 303 rifle". Shit I just thought this was normal
    Last edited by threedogs; 6th July 2012 at 07:46 AM.
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

18. The Following User Says Thank You to threedogs For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 12,439 Times in 6,264 Posts
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by threedogs View Post
    Nothing wrong with being a Seagull, I and my mates Live by your Princibles, always help each other, repaid with BBQ and a few cold ones.IF NOT FAVOUR RETURNED DOWN THE TRACK been doing it this way since the late 70S WHEN WE ALL HAD MOTORBIKES. don't change for anyone. Sometjmes it doesn,t happen over night but it does happen. Mateship still strong after 35 plus years. And don't get me started on Hard rubbish day it used to be called junk day. Remember mum telling me once "no you can't keep the 303 rifle". Shit I just thought this was normal
    I didn't think it was normal as I know there are too many selfish jerks out there. If somebody does a favour for you, do something in return for them no matter how small it is. Me and my mates are always helping each other out working on cars, getting firewood, etc... and I never hesitate to help as I know that they would do the same for me.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Winnie For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast