Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HID Projector headlamp kits to suit GQ and GUs

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HID Projector headlamp kits to suit GQ and GUs

Hi there as some of you may know I just recently set up a business selling and installing HID projector kits to suit mainly GQ and GUs but I can pretty much fit them in anything providing there's room. Like any HID kit in standard lights there not technically legal but as there a projector and not just HIDs bolted into reflectors which give HIDs a bad name these aren't blinding to oncoming traffic and look just like the lights you see in new luxury cars. I don't sell any bulbs other then 4200k to 5000k as once you get past 5000 you loose usable light and 6000k on wards does really irritate oncoming traffic.

I've been using these for about 8 months now and I'm very happy with the lights and to this day I've never been flashed and I do a lot of night driving. As they have a really sharp cut off there really less lightly to blind oncoming traffic then upgraded halogen bulbs. There are 3 projector options but that may change as I get into doing more types of vehicles.

For the 7 inch round H4 light that goes in the GQ the prices are below. I only use the Britrax Poly carbonate lens for these if I do the retro fits but if you choose to do the install yourself they can be fitted to anything.

The projector kit is $300 which includes

2.5inch Bi-xenon projectors (add $50 if you want 3 inch projectors)
    shrouds (these aren't visible in these kits as there cut down to nothing but they hold the angel eyes in)
    Angel eyes and drivers (white or orange) this way you can use them as parkers or indicators. Available in LED +$30 a pair
    Ballasts (35 watt) I also have 50 watt but there very bright which can upset oncoming motorists.
    D2S bulbs in 4300K or 5000K (Add $100 if you want Osrams instead which I only sell in 4150K)
    H4 plug and play wiring loom.

I now keep the 7 inch GQ headlights here fitted with 2.5 and 3 inch projectors pre fitted ready to go. The only thing that's not done is the lens isn't fitted so it's just a matter of putting the angel eyes in to suit and fit the lens and there ready to go. The 2.5 inch projector version is $650 including freight and the 3inch version is $720 including freight and both have a pair of led angel eyes as standard now. Compared to a pair of HID spotlights these are pretty cheap and something that can be used all the time not just on a road when there's no other traffic.

For more info, prices and pics have a look at the ebay store link below.

http://stores.ebay.com.au/Projectors-retrofits

This is just the angel eye on. This is a 2.5 inch projector

This is a 3 inch projector.

This is the 3 inch projector compared to HIDs in a reflector. Projector lighting makes standard HID lighting look like a dolphin torch.

This is HIDs in reflectors (lowbeam)

This is Projector HID (low beam) You can see here that the light is much sharper and controlled.

This is HID in reflector (highbeam)

This is Projector HID (Highbeam)

Now the GU has a couple more options.

The first is similar to above. the projector kit is $300 which includes

2.5 inch Bi-xenon projectors
    shrouds of your choice (pictures to follow)
    Ballasts 35 watt. I have 50 watt also but there very bright which can upset oncoming motorists.
    Angel eyes plus invertors (available in white or orange) you can have either a parker or indicator) + $30 for LED angel eyes
    D2S bulbs in 4300k and 5000K (add $100 if you want a pair of 4200k Osrams instead)
    H4 plug and play wiring loom

These kits are a lot easier to install and can be done at home if your confident enough to throw a light in the oven for 7 minutes on 150 degrees and separate it, screw the projector in, dab a couple of bits of glue on the shroud to hold it in place and repeat the process. It only takes a couple of hours to install or I can do the install for $100.

The angel eyes in these pictures aren't the ones I'm using and some now have a protective cover (depending on size) so they don't need to be wired in like this one is. The ones in the above picture of the 7inch insert is what i'll be using in everything.

This is low beam. You can see how it cuts off before the telegraph pole.

high beam. You can see the telegraph pole

The cut off which prevents the light annoying oncoming traffic.

I'll put pics of and info on the 3 inch projector options and shrouds later.

If anyone has any questions PM me, leave a message here or ring me on 0403596123

Cheers Mick.
    Last edited by mick.; 25th November 2012 at 08:59 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mick. For This Useful Post:

Clunk (1st July 2012), oncedisturbed (1st July 2012)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is option 2 which is only really an option for GUs at this point. Although in the next couple of weeks I'm going to put a set in a 7 inch insert to see how they look. Here is some pictures of a custom 3 inch projector set up which I only recently did. With this kit I'll sell all the gear you need to do it plus send detailed instructions with pictures but I wont attempt to do this set up without the vehicle plus the labour involved in doing this set up would make these very expensive headlights especially now that I can get a bolt in 3 inch projector kit. These are well known as the best projector set up you can get for right hand drive vehicles. I'm hoping the custom 3 inch bolt in projectors will come very close to these if not the same. If I can successfully fit these into a 7 inch H4 insert then I can do these without the car as I have jigs made up and being a round light it's not a critical to get the light straight like when fitting to a GU or 100 series.

Here is a picture of the 2.5 inch projectors beside the 3 inch ones.

You can see in this picture where the 2.5 inch projector just screws into the housing making these very simple to set up.

Here's a picture of mine set up with just the parkers on.

Heres just the indicators on.

This is low beam and you can see they have a nice spread for spotting animals and a clean cut off. These don't reflect off the road signs either are the cut off prevents this.

This is the high beam.

These kits come with the same as other kits only there a little dearer. This kit is $400

3 inch Stanley Projectors.
    Ballasts in 35 watt
    Shrouds
    angel eyes with drivers (one pair) extras available on request (add $20)
    D2S bulbs available in 4300k & 5000k (add $100 if you want Osram 4200k instead)
    H4 plug and play loom

Here are some pictures of the shrouds I currently have but I've got more coming in my next shipment including the ones in the above picture. These are the most popular but if you want to see all my options please let me know and I'll send you links. These will fit all my projectors

KY shroud

Porsche Caynenne Turbo (available in Black or Chrome)

VW Touran shroud which is also know as the Bullet.

The Mini Clubman shroud

The Porsche Panamera

There are heaps more options and I've always got new shrouds coming in so if you want the whole list either PM me or have a look at my ebay store.

http://stores.ebay.com.au/Projectors...d=415244289447

Again if you have any questions you can PM me, leave a message here or ring me on 0403596123.

After a lot of enquiries about devils eyes I now stock them to suit the 3 inch projectors in Red, blue, purple, green and yellow. These are a full halo like the angel eyes only they fit behind the projector. There $50 a pair with the drivers to run them. It's the blue in the centre of that light which is the devils eye. It's the only picture I have of them at the moment as I've never installed them yet. When I actually install a few I'll get some better photos. I think the above picture is to much colour and makes them look cheap but with just the red or blue in the centre they do look nice.

Cheers Mick.
    Last edited by mick.; 25th November 2012 at 09:26 AM.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mick. For This Useful Post:

Clunk (1st July 2012), gf0012-aust (1st July 2012)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heres a picture of the 3 inch projector in a 7 inch H4 insert. This ballast wasn't even warmed up yet either.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,430 Times in 6,262 Posts
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Bigger projector = more light?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sort of. The 2.5 inch projectors have a longer distance on highbeam but the 3inch projectors have a wider beam all round but not quite as good a highbeam as the light is more spread.

Cheers Mick.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Mate, Do you have fitting instructions for these. Do you use your stock reflector to mount this into... Will Om for more details

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What type of 4wd are you refering to mate? I'm in the process of doing ones for the GU. I have all the pictures but the GUs are really easy and now I have locators made up for our roads there easier again.

With the 7inch round ones I don't have instructions as I've made jigs, use a laser level and use glues that aren't available to the general public. So how I fit them would be no good for a one off install. They can be fitted at home but to buy the right glue and gun for the 2 component glues to do it you would need to be fitting a dozen lights to make it viable. Some people choose to use urathane and liquid nails but it's not something I'd recomend.

These are the glues I use and to get the hole in the middle of the 7inch lights exact you need a jig as there is no way of lining up the holesaw otherwise.

These lens are also held in with a double sided tape which can be tricky to get off without damaged the poly carbonate lens.

Cheers Mick.
    Last edited by mick.; 15th July 2012 at 06:27 PM.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HI Mate

I have a 2012 GU8

Ta

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WogsRus View Post
    HI Mate

I have a 2012 GU8

Ta
    In that case yes I'll have some instructions made up soon. The GUs are very easy to do yourself. The wiring side of it is plug and play and the projectors just screw in and are self located with my locating sleaves. There is no cutting of the light or the 4wd to fit these kits. I'll also PM you a link you may be interested in.

Cheers Mick.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking forward to it, This is the first car i have had with such CRAP sock headlights. Need an upgrade

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast