OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: Monster flares

  1. #11
    Expert Truckus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Central Coast NSW
    Posts
    166
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked 162 Times in 79 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jay see View Post
    Something like this.

    https://www.ozbestdealz.com.au/cobra...-patrol-gu-199

    If the link doesn't work here a screenshot.

    Sent from my CPH1979 using Tapatalk
    I saw a local gun metal grey y61 today with a set of these on. I think he was running M8060 TREPADOR 35x12.5-16 (quick going past it glance) as it looked fat (fatter than mine and I run 315/75/16Lt Razr's)...but it actually looked pretty good similar to the green one pictured. Sounded tame though!

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

     

  3. #12
    Expert Truckus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Central Coast NSW
    Posts
    166
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked 162 Times in 79 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    00eff2d93da560af4df6cf8ab6b9d84b.jpg

    I reckon this bloke could use them too!

    Those ICELAND rigs are awesome!

  4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Truckus For This Useful Post:

    growler2058 (12th February 2021), jay see (19th February 2021), MB (12th February 2021), rusty_nail (11th February 2021)

  5. #13
    Legendary jay see's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    3,832
    Thanks
    3,768
    Thanked 2,892 Times in 1,664 Posts
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The reason why for this, I hit a roo on my way to work one morning. It put enough damage that I'm going to get it fixed through the insurance.

    After looking at these flares and seeing that the rear ones are going to be wider than the factory bumper it's not going to look good. They need to have an aftermarket rear bar fitted. I'll speak to the beater and see what he recommends..

    Sent from my CPH1979 using Tapatalk
    12/97 GEE YOU
    4.5lt Gas blower. Lots of mods to come.....all in good time.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to jay see For This Useful Post:

    MB (21st February 2021)

  7. #14
    Patrol God nissannewby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    North brissy
    Posts
    8,073
    Thanks
    1,456
    Thanked 5,371 Times in 3,048 Posts
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Exo Flares. Aussie designed and Made.

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nissannewby For This Useful Post:

    MB (21st February 2021), Stropp (20th February 2021)

  9. #15
    The master farter
    mudski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Eltham North
    Posts
    14,305
    Thanks
    7,340
    Thanked 9,374 Times in 5,621 Posts
    Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jay see View Post
    The reason why for this, I hit a roo on my way to work one morning. It put enough damage that I'm going to get it fixed through the insurance.

    After looking at these flares and seeing that the rear ones are going to be wider than the factory bumper it's not going to look good. They need to have an aftermarket rear bar fitted. I'll speak to the beater and see what he recommends..

    Sent from my CPH1979 using Tapatalk
    Aftermarket rear bars are made to line up with the OEM flares. My Milweld bar lines up. If the insurance company is paying for it, get genuine.

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

    jay see (21st February 2021), MB (21st February 2021)

  11. #16
    Legendary jay see's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    3,832
    Thanks
    3,768
    Thanked 2,892 Times in 1,664 Posts
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    Aftermarket rear bars are made to line up with the OEM flares. My Milweld bar lines up. If the insurance company is paying for it, get genuine.
    Yeah I get that, but if I do the monster flares with the OEM rear bar it will not line up and look crap.
    Do that even make rears to suit larger flares?

    I'm dropping it off tomorrow after work and will have a chat to see them about which way we will go

    Yes, insurance is paying

    Sent from my CPH1979 using Tapatalk
    12/97 GEE YOU
    4.5lt Gas blower. Lots of mods to come.....all in good time.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to jay see For This Useful Post:

    mudski (21st February 2021)

  13. #17
    The master farter
    mudski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Eltham North
    Posts
    14,305
    Thanks
    7,340
    Thanked 9,374 Times in 5,621 Posts
    Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jay see View Post
    Yeah I get that, but if I do the monster flares with the OEM rear bar it will not line up and look crap.
    Do that even make rears to suit larger flares?

    I'm dropping it off tomorrow after work and will have a chat to see them about which way we will go

    Yes, insurance is paying

    Sent from my CPH1979 using Tapatalk
    Maybe give Milweld a call. He would know I reckon.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #18
    Legendary jay see's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    3,832
    Thanks
    3,768
    Thanked 2,892 Times in 1,664 Posts
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    Maybe give Milweld a call. He would know I reckon.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah, I think I will.

    Cheers buddy..

    Sent from my CPH1979 using Tapatalk
    12/97 GEE YOU
    4.5lt Gas blower. Lots of mods to come.....all in good time.

  15. #19
    Patrol God nissannewby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    North brissy
    Posts
    8,073
    Thanks
    1,456
    Thanked 5,371 Times in 3,048 Posts
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jay see View Post
    Yeah, I think I will.

    Cheers buddy..

    Sent from my CPH1979 using Tapatalk
    If you talk to Tim from exo flares he might be able to make these in a fashion that they are skinnier at the very front and rear of the car to match bar work.

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nissannewby For This Useful Post:

    jay see (21st February 2021), MB (21st February 2021)

  17. #20
    Patrol God nissannewby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    North brissy
    Posts
    8,073
    Thanks
    1,456
    Thanked 5,371 Times in 3,048 Posts
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @jay see

    Here are some pics. It looks like exo does match standard front bar work. There rear flares hang out but have a pic of an idea for something to cater with the rear bar.

    Screenshot_20210221-203745_Chrome.jpg

    Screenshot_20210221-204142_Chrome.jpg

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nissannewby For This Useful Post:

    jay see (21st February 2021), MB (21st February 2021)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •