Thread: Harrop 2300 supercharger to Optimiser 6500

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,063 Times in 2,833 Posts
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wife flew to China today with one of my daughter to look at old pots or something, wasnt really listening, anyway cracked on with the sliders today between meetings and dealing with retards, made some good progress, will pain underside tomorrow then look at the chassis clamp mounts, bit of a hybris assy between sliders and side stepsblack sliders.jpgSliders undercoat.jpg And forgot to say I am a very delicious man.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

BrazilianY60 (23rd May 2024), Cremulator (24th May 2024), MB (23rd May 2024), MudRunnerTD (28th July 2024), Plasnart (23rd May 2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,411 Times in 545 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    wasn't really listening

between meetings and dealing with retards
    Hahahaha! And I have to "listen" to this 8am before starting my day with meetings on the schedule, LOL.
    1997 Blue Nissan Patrol Y60 blacktop TD42 - Honey Badger (build thread)
    2006 White Nissan Patrol Y61 TB45 - G-Unicorn (build thread)
    1997 Red Suzuki Samurai Canvas Top SJ413 - Tatui
    2005 White Toyota Landcruiser FZJ105 - Stormtrooper

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BrazilianY60 For This Useful Post:

MB (24th May 2024), PeeBee (24th May 2024), Plasnart (23rd May 2024)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back to home base after a month on site, big trip that was. Sorted out the final bit of wiring into the pod today. Looking at the roofrack at the moment and getting organised for a day under the beast welding out the chassis stiffener plates that I ignored when I had the body off - big mistake. Then its power to the radios and final internal clad of 3mm ply over the polystyrene insulation panels. Late June down to Dobinsons for new set of rear coils and I should be sorted. Then after the chassis is welded out, make the brackets and fit the sliders. Luckliy I have at least 6 weeks before a return to site at this stage, so going to make the most of it.
    Last edited by PeeBee; 22nd June 2024 at 07:41 PM.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

Cremulator (22nd June 2024), MB (22nd June 2024), mudnut (23rd June 2024), Plasnart (22nd June 2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,194 Times in 3,480 Posts
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hellgrace5 View Post
    Any other projects you’re planning while you have some downtime? I'm so bored that maybe you will give me some ideas for upgrades to do to my car
    I was thinking exactly the same thing, but I was too nervous to ask the great man.

What is the charge? Eating a meal? A succulent Chinese meal??

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Plasnart For This Useful Post:

PeeBee (24th June 2024)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Codan HF in and working, both UHF's in and working, Cel-Fi set up reinstate, wire up the car stereo to speakers and antenna, need to find the GPS for the Codan, its playing hide and seek at the moment.

Looking at the slider brackets maybe tomorrow, unsure. @MB lending me his hydraulic lift table on wheels, should take the back break out of the job.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

MB (28th June 2024), mudnut (29th June 2024)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another part day in the shed, bloody cold all day, hits 4pm and down the temps come. Ran the Celfi cable to the antennas, mounted two antenna pvc conduits on the roofrack, made a couple of mudflap chain retainers, have to return to site tomorrow as my PM resigned on Thursday and dropped me in it, away for a week, not happy, but has to be done. Trying to avoid a work trip to New Caledonia as well, not keen on heading into that turbulence.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,194 Times in 3,480 Posts
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Another part day in the shed, bloody cold all day, hits 4pm and down the temps come. Ran the Celfi cable to the antennas, mounted two antenna pvc conduits on the roofrack, made a couple of mudflap chain retainers, have to return to site tomorrow as my PM resigned on Thursday and dropped me in it, away for a week, not happy, but has to be done. Trying to avoid a work trip to New Caledonia as well, not keen on heading into that turbulence.
    Holy smokes mate New Caledonia? Amazing that only a month or so ago it would have been a trip to look forward to.

What is the charge? Eating a meal? A succulent Chinese meal??

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasnart View Post
    Holy smokes mate New Caledonia? Amazing that only a month or so ago it would have been a trip to look forward to.
    Waiting to see what the 'flavor' is as they have another election tomorrow. I understand 7 of the island agitators have been whisked off to France and are in jail. The mine is starting up, the equipment we are looking to buy has been running last week, however the mine owners want the gear gone by August now as they plan to catch up on exports. the company i work for wont send employees over there - against their internal policy, but they are happy to sacrifice a contractor if required - not that ideal however I have the right of refusal. Will see what the next week brings as have people flying in from all over the country to look at core samples to assist with mine planning out to 2054. Apparently they have the most firearms per capita than any country in the world, highly violent place in some regards

14. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

Plasnart (6th July 2024)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Few more things comleted today, wife away again for 2 weeks, free time!!!

Made a rear wheel slide tube to make it easier to get the rear spare aligned with the studs, bought a centre console extension unit fro PAP and installed it, what a difference it is with the console lid another 60mm higher, made a bracket for the HF radio linear amp, and final run the CelFi cable from inside the vehicle to bullbar.

Tomorrow I am going to have a crack at the overhead mig welding of the chassis stiffeners, have bought a welding blanket and leather headpiece complete with welding shiel, so with luck not too many burns.
    IMG_2226.jpgIMG_2227.jpg

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

Cremulator (20th July 2024), Plasnart (21st July 2024), Touses (20th July 2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,411 Times in 545 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you have a picture of that extender with the lid open?

Page 57 of 66 FirstFirst ... 5556575859 ... LastLast