Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile New to Patrol ownership

Hi to everyone
    Just introducing myself as I've purchased myself a late 04 GU ZD30 wagon. I have had a few 4WDs before, but never a Patrol, and so far I love it. I had a bit of a hunt online and found 1 with the necessary NADS mods, but only 91000km at almost 20yrs old. Good for me as I intend to keep it for as long as possible. The rest of my life perhaps
    I'm a Fitter/Machinist and used to be diesel fitter many years ago, and have always done my own vehicle maintenance as much as possible, so trying to learn all about the beast.
    Perhaps somebody could tell me from their experience how much harmonics comes through into the cab when exiting a roundabout or corner in 2nd gear or 3rd, doesn't seem to make a lot of difference. It has a 3" exhaust with a muffler, so is not excessively noisy inside, but does have a LOT of engine harmonics come through inside.
    To me, it seems to drive like it has single mass flywheel. But information online says it should be dual mass. That would definitely contribute. Could also be dodgy engine mounts, but I have not established that yet.
    Any thoughts and input would be very valuable
    Cheers
    Y61 Coastie (Dave)

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Y61Coastie For This Useful Post:

growler2058 (22nd April 2024), MB (23rd April 2024), Touses (22nd April 2024)