Thread: 2012 CRD valve cover gasket.

Threaded View

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldcomfort View Post
    I had a good look at my valve cover and its surrounds. I discovered that you cant re-torque the cover bolts with out first removing the injector tubes. That's not gunna happen any time soon. But with a good light I think that I have discovered the source of my oil leak. I'm pretty sure that its the rear (number 4) injector seal. I don't know if its very clear in the pictures but I've put them in anyway. Looks like its a new valve cover for me.
    The tubes are gonna have to come off to put a new valve cover, more importantly, do you really need a new valve cover? I just had mine off, I think there was a rubbery ring inside the cover that slips over the metal injector ring. I'm trying to find a "part" on google but nothing I recognise is coming up. Apparently the fuel tubes are "single use items" but I've reused mine a couple of times

FWIW, I also fully greased my valve cover gasket, mainly to make it stick in the valve cover when right side up so the gasket doesn't fall out and go astray, I also put about 12-13nm. 11 didn't feel enough.

Edit: just found out the injector seals cannot be purchased seperately, you have to buy the whole cover for $643

Also don't over tighten the glow plug nuts, I snapped one and had to put an old one back in, turns out I had two which were worn out
    Last edited by pollenface; 28th October 2023 at 10:19 PM.
    2008 CRD Auto Wagon

2. The Following User Says Thank You to pollenface For This Useful Post:

Coldcomfort (30th October 2023)