Threaded View

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Michael's V8Y62

Moving away from the Introduction section of the forum here is my thread about my new, to me, car. Pearl, her new name because her paint is Ivory Pearl, is a 2019 Y62 Series 4 Ti with 61k on the clock. I drove her home yesterday and fell in love. Everything is so gentle and effortless. Pearl is quite, comfortable, HUGE (I literally looked down into 200 series Landcruisers and Pearl is standard height), and luxurious.

I am not going to go crazy with external modifications, she has a bull bar (which I do need living in a rural area where Kangaroos and Wallabies are everywhere and are part of the reason for the demise of my old car) which I will probably fit a winch to eventually but for a few years that will be most likely the limit of visible exterior modifications.

I will do small bits and pieces to the interior like sheep skin seat covers, I have dogs and I don't want the leather on the seats damaged. I must be in the minority because the fake wood grain doesn't bother me so I won't be covering it up. I will be getting a dash pad cover to make sure the sun doesn't cause problems with the dash top. I will also probably fit some KO Gear modifications that help to make the vehicle slightly more usable.

There are 2 things I will be concentrating on. In no particular order I'll be tuning the engine with HP Tuners and/or WinOLS as time permits just based on dataloging. The other things I would like to do some research on is the steering, while every make and model is slightly different and it takes a little time to get used to a different car the steering in the Y62 feels to light so I'll be looking at tyre pressures first and then researching other things.

I'll post some pictures later.
    Cheers.
    Michael (V8Y62)

EDIT: Posted some pictures today (7/7/23) in post #38
    Last edited by V8Y62; 7th July 2023 at 08:06 PM.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to V8Y62 For This Useful Post:

MB (12th June 2023), mudnut (12th June 2023), Plasnart (11th June 2023), rusty_nail (11th June 2023), Sailorbaz (29th May 2024), Touses (11th June 2023), Trolatron (11th June 2023)