Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,375 Times in 783 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bidja View Post
    Those boost and EGTs figures are fine. 10psi cruise @ 100kph is what some strive for to provide good ECO. I do have some concern with the Dawes being wound in so far.

With the Dawes wound in just about all the way, makes me think that the ball is not seating correctly and there maybe has a small leak past the ball at seat. If it is leaking there would be +ve air pressure from cooler entering the vac line at very early/low boost and the VNT vanes may not stay closed enough early for the turbo to spool up fast enough.
    Could be the seat or spring lets see.

Could remove the Dawes, connect a small length of vac hose to each end of the Dawes and apply compressed air supply with a regulator fitted to simulate it being connected to the cooler boost take off. Using the regulator on the air supply, slowly increase the pressure from zero to the pressure where you feel slight air passing through the Dawes and this will give you an indication of boost level set of the Dawes.
    Let me know result.
    U can put the outlet piece of hose near your face and feel the passing air starting to pass through.

Your vacsol is blocked off correctly and as said: the electric connector needs to be plugged in.

Really think u can sort this out without giving money to a tuner.

@mudski does the Brass body Dawes have a seat insert for the ball to nest against?
    Thanks for all the help Bidja. Unfortunately I don't have any compressed air.

The Dawes is one of @mudski

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 10G For This Useful Post:

Bidja (3rd March 2023)