OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Thread: What has made you Angry Today???????

Threaded View

Thanks
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heading away for our Easter camping holiday and half way from Melbourne to the destination near Maffra I noticed a bunch of warning lights illuminated on the dash.
    Sub Tank, handbrake and battery lights all on. (2004 GU III)
    Stopped and checked the terminal connections were all on tight (as I just had the main battery replaced two days earlier) and everything seemed ok.
    Turned the radio off and pushed on hoping for the best. Luckily we were traveling just after lunch and not towing anything, so didn't have to worry about nightfall knowing we were only 1 3/4 hours from the destination.
    Got there ok.
    My mate who was camping with us, who also happens to be the mechanic who services my car, diagnosed the problem in two minutes.
    Alternator had blown a regulator.

First trip away with the dual battery setup and car fridge all hooked up to go and couldn't use it.

Luckily we were in a caravan, so had a fridge to use in the van, but I spent the four days charging my main battery off other people's alternators with jumper leads.
    Best of all it didn't stop us getting out and doing some four wheel driving, which I was shattered to think would be out of the question when I discovered the alternator had died.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cremulator For This Useful Post:

GQtdauto (28th April 2019)