OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Thread: What did you do to your Patrol today!

Threaded View

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,065 Times in 2,834 Posts
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    Yeah 4inch pipe is supposed to be 102mm OD. Same as 102mm ID silicone. But this pipe measures 99.5. Not much but enough to not seal good enough. So I’ve had to use some sos tape to space it out, clamp the home hose, then I used more sos tape on the end of the hose and onto the pipe. Sealing it up good.
    I wonder if this is the cause of the turbo leaking oil on the outlet side. The inlet is dry of oil as the catch can is doing its job, but the outlet and inter cooler have oil right through it. Not a lot but it’s visible when you remove one of the inter cooler hoses.
    Not sure if this is normal though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mudski, there is no longer 4" anything. Its either 100NB(nominal bore ) pipe which has differing wall thickness depending on the schedule or pressure rating, so it could be 3mm or 4.5 or 6 or 8,,,Wall thickness,, the point being it is a nominal dimension because it is a hot formed product, so internal dimension will vary a bit, but the OD will grow more than the ID - if that makes sense? Now there is 100mm tube which is a cold drawn product and is dimensionally accurate on the OD, and its ID will shrink as the wall thickness increases. So, if you measure 99.5mm on the OD its odds on to be 100mm tube. Nominal ID would then be twice whatever the wall thickness is. If the silicone tubing is still made to imperial, then there is your problem, and the only way out is to squash it with the hose clamp to get the seal. Hope this helps in some way, but not intended to do your head in!!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

Bidja (22nd December 2018)