What sort of Intake air temps are ideal for the Nissan diesel I guess if it matters a RD28T
Ive just fitted a gauge to get some pre intercooler install figures, on a 23°c day i spiked to 90°c on a long up hill pull. That was as high as it got (i don't make a habit of that) it cruses at round 55-60°c
I know ambient air temps make a difference, I just want to know as the first intercooler i'm going to connect up is a small factory side mount, (engine is in a Nissan Stagea) After that i'll latter look at a larger front mount, If i need it,

Second,
How much of an impact does a longish extension tube (150mm X 6mm ID) plus the hose on compression tester have on figures in a compression test, My understanding is as the tube and hose etc are all added to the combustion chamber volume, As these are pre the non return valve,

Only reason i asked is i comp tested my engine a while a go just for curiosity sake really and it was a very even 200psi across all 6 cylinders #5 was maybe a little higher,
Now my understanding is this must be incorrect as diesel needs at least 350psi to ignite, Car starts and drives fine so im not really concerned just interested,

Brett