Threaded View

Thanks
    Thanked 4,719 Times in 3,146 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 10G View Post
    Thanks for the info Kallen, much appreciated.

I remember from my electronics tech days, if we reflashed a ROM or wrote a new one , things could go wrong. The info you flash with may be incorrect, you could lose power while flashing, I just remember, we never did it unless we had a fall back, EG more ROMs.

I looked at the Steibauer ECU, it seems to be pretty good. It alters the induction length so more fuel can be squirted in, doesn't increase rail pressure like other devices do, which I'm not keen on.

If I could have exactly what I wanted it would be a way in which I could choose to run economically when I use the vehicle as daily driver and then increase it's power when it's loaded up, an economy & a power setting I guess.
    That is the chip of choice for exactly the reason you mentioned.
    It adjusts injector pulse as it's main event for extra fuel.

Your quality tuners like East Coast will have a stock map on hand if shoit goes bad, and it can. I personally know the local Toyota dealer accidently wipped the father in-laws prado clean when recoding the injectors. They had to ring other customers to get someone to bring their prado in to copy it across lol..

Anyway. Lots of people who have mapped the ecu and lots of positive responses if you get it done right.

On the subject of throttle controllers.
    Being electronic throttle those modules simply trick the ecu to thinking you have more, or less depending on your setting, pedal than you actually do..
    So they don't adjust anything, but simply adjust the throttle voltage.
    Similar to a maf voltage modifier.

Imo, jump online or call Harley from East coast performance tuning and have a chat. He'll run threw what happens and how. He's in Melbourne I'm pretty sure so not much further for you..
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRAWesty For This Useful Post:

Bidja (14th December 2017)