Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
A lot of people experience clicking noises or front end noises when using auto hubs and a lokka. Personally I would never trust an auto locking hub when doing any sort of hill climb. Last thing I'd want is for the hub to disengage itself half way up a snotty climb. It may never happen but that just a risk I dont want to take. It take five minutes a side to remove the auto plate. So this just means the "auto" selection on the hub would now be "unlock".
All too true, Cobber assuming the driver is too lazy to lock the "auto" hubs like they should do before attempting a snotty climb. Makes for lots of Utube vids if nothing else.

If they have followed the vehicle manual and/or engaged their brain they will have locked the hubs anyway (moved from Auto to Lock) sama sama as if they were 'converted' auto hubs so no real difference.

An 'auto to manual' conversion only forces the Driver to get off his jacksie and lock the hubs

Unfortunately laziness will always overcome technology and outwit brain power... this I know from years of personal experience (sigh)