Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,873 Times in 2,751 Posts
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    No he didn't, he was talking about something that had been removed from Diesel and the ATF replaces it. So 80ml in an 80 Litre fill is all that was needed.

Also talking fuel he said BP was the best diesel on sale now, I had been using Caltex. He recommended BP as it had additives that are beneficial and we have had a marked improvement in fuel economy.

We recently bought Shell, our last 2 tanks full fuel economy went from 15.54 (BP) to 22.66 Litres per 100 Kilometers (all highway), and we blew clouds of black smoke even at idle. So what had they added? We assume it was that servo only, be bad for Shell if that fuel was at all their outlets.

That other product was Diesel Power - Diesel Fuel Additive, got it at SuperCheap Autos.
    Macca, BP used to put a catalyst in with the diesel to improve total burn. This is like a brew of sub micron particles that get very hot under compression and essentially increase the combustion process. i used to add a similar product to my fuel that i was sourcing from Shell, however the name escapes my memory right now. This additive was very expensive and you only needed a very small quantity/liter, again can't remember the ratio. The manufacturer of this additive told me that BP add it to their diesel as a standard - but that was 15 years ago - maybe they still do? I also use Diesel Power.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

macca (12th January 2017)