Hi all! Really hoping the answer to my question is a no and just me being paranoid due to all the money i have put into the car - but I would love your expert opinions.
So I got my ecu talk during the week, which is great as my tempuritre gauge doesn't work at all.
Went for a drive this afternoon to see what the car was doing temp wise. Outside temp was around 22 degrees and the drive was 25ks. Half bitumen half dirt, sitting around 100-110kph, gave the car abit of a hard time to see what it would do.
By the time I got to the 25k mark ecu talk was saying coolant temp at 110*. I pulled over turned the car off and waited 10 mins, while the car was off the temp went up to 112.
Turned the car back on and at idle then temp went back down to 84 within two minutes.
Drove back home not as hard and it roughly sat around 100*. Pulled back over and it dropped again quickly to around 90. Thermal fan hardly ran at all, only turned on a few times according to ecu talk.
Does it sound like it's running too hot to you guys?
On a side note the ecu talk is great! Does anyone know how accurate the speed gauge is? It was saying 92kph while the car was saying 100.
Car is a 2002 gu3, 3ltr. Pretty stock, bullbar, blocked egr, Dawes and needle and catch can. Diesel smart intercooler, tradie rack and a few other bits and pieces. 320000ks and was rebuilt at 280000 due to a cracked head.
Thanks guys