Threaded View

Thanks
    Thanked 11,438 Times in 6,490 Posts
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robo View Post
    You replaced only the fan as the G35 fan fits the TD viscus correct?
    Hey Robo. I replaced the fan with the G35 fan, it fits the GU hub, not the GQ hub, added more oil in the viscous hub, and put in a UFI radiator. I also put in a high flow thermostat. Not sure if any of this has helped yet as its still too cold here to tell. One thing though is the fan certainly pulls more air than the OEM fan. As on start up when the fan is engaged, with the bonnet open you can really feel the air from the fan. One thing I am not sure of too is whether I have put enough oil in the hub, as this is supposed to make the hub engage earlier, being so cold here at the moment it hasn't engaged any earlier. Plenty of other people who have done this have said their fan is engaged pretty much all the time, mine isn't so I am assuming it just needs more oil. So I might have to take it off and put more oil in it. But I will wait until its warmer here first.
    After speaking with a few radiator mobs and a couple of mechanics that do a lot of TD's, air flow is more important than coolant capacity. Sure capacity helps but they need more air flow. Also I will add just adding the fan and not modding the hub you will more than likely just be wasting your time. Because when the hub disengages the fan won't do anything. So you need to do both, or just the hub in my opinion if you want to see any gains.

Cheers.
    Mark.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

Robo (13th October 2016)