Original motor stock standard was running hot and getting hotter up the range .. bang ..the replacement motor did the exact same thing stock standard thats why i changed every thing ...?
Second hand motor bought .claimed to have been recond done 25000ks sat for a time and looked yuk inside from old radiator water .that is what a radiator sock is for to stop any shale or crud blocking the radiator . Have always used them 40 years same as my father never had a broblem just clean and replace them when required .usually 12months with new fluid .

I go up the range very conservative light footed 60 ks max usually 40ks .this is not in the heat of the day. I travel up very early morning or at night .
I luv our gu its set up is right for us . we dont realy want to go back to a gq . I am even considering buying a donor gq for a replacement 4.2 motor with all the parts needed for a change over but i dont have the funds for that option either.i have not made up my mind at all .. im old school and i have always set up my 4x4s to handle hot weather easily