G'day everyone. My names Steve. Not a Patrol owner yet but am looking for one.

First of all I would like to say WOW !! What a forum! I never knew one existed until I did a google on "buying a used nissan patrol". I'm currently in the market for a used Patrol and I was hoping to gather as much info about these cars before I fork out my hard earnings. I've found the manual on what mods to do on common rail zd30 but unfortunately can't download it yet.

I have never owned a 4wd, most of my cars have been small sports cars so going to a 4wd will be a big shock to the system but with plans of starting a family, I think it's time for me to grow up

I'm looking at patrols from 2000 onwards but the ones I've seen for sale have extremely high k's which worries me a bit. Would a car with 200,000ks or less still have alot of life left in it if it has been serviced regularly? What things should I look out for when inspecting a patrol ? Most of my cars have been petrol so I'm quite familiar with these but diesel is a total different ball game for me.

My wife's grand dad currently owns an early model turbo diesel patrol and my brother owns a Prado (not really a 4wd in my eyes and now that I know there is an active Aussie Patrol forum I'm really keen to get into one !

Looking forward to hearing some of your feedbacks guys and gals!

Cheers
Steve