Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,277 Times in 3,275 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyh View Post
    Sorry i havent posted for a while, not really had much to report, but today i can say that the pooy is just fresh out of the workshop yesterday evening.... I can breath a sigh of relief...

It turned out to be a buggered Spigot bearing and broken / loose springs in the clutch plate, the gearbox is fine. Phewwwww ...

So i have now had an exceedy tough clutch fitted with new spigot bearing and thrust / throw out bearing... I should have just done this in the first place. Although the clutch seemed fine on inspection it was obviously about to die and maybe the alignment problems i had during the engine installation onto the gearbox finally killed it.. anyway.. Its done i got John (The mechanic) to do an oil change in the gearbox and the transfer case while it was on the hoist.

VASS is booked in for next Monday Lunchtime this should be my final hurdle, it should go through no problems the only grey area is the TD05 turbo, but its set at only 8psi at the moment (factory std) and the TD05 was an option for the DTS turbos fitted to patrols sooooooooo i am kinda hoping the engineer sees things my way !
    See........ happy days mate.. yes another expense but one that should have been part of the build.

My clutch was only new when I did my conversion so was not needed.

Glad its coming together... you'll be wheeling in no time!!!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bloodyaussie For This Useful Post:

Andyh (23rd June 2015)