Quote Originally Posted by the evil twin View Post
Bit of feedback on how the 4L85E gearbox after doing the Meetup trip.

Around town - 10/10 - awesome mod. Sure beats the pedal work involved with the manual box.
Uses more fuel but thats 'cause you can't keep your foot off the loud pedal or the smile off your face

Cruising - 9/10 - just lopes along with the TC engaged and the 4th ratio locked up is taller again than manual 5th.
This means 1800 RPM is just over 100 KPH with 35's (that will vary with tyre manuf as all manuf are different dias and none are true 35)
Deducted a point because it usually drops straight to 3rd when the TC unlocks which is a slight annoyance.

Towing - 9/10 - same comments as cruising really. 35's are too big for "ideal" towing with the 3.9 diffs but that is tyre selection not the tranny.
Next trip I will throw my 33's back on to see how they go and I reckon they will be heaps better.

4x4 - 7/10 - Off road is a two step process. Point it, plant it. I need to get a manual TC lock up switch sorted and then it will be 9/10.

Fuel consumption - Not quite as good as I hoped. I averaged 20 LPH for the trip towing my van (2 tonnes) for over 1/2 of it but in fairness a few more tweaks of the programming and 33's would def improve that figure. By how much I don't know

I found it relatively easy to program the Tranny Computer (well at least the one that was supplied as apparently there are a few oprtions) but as I still haven't got my head quite around how the tranny works I took baby steps and still don't have it quite how I want it.
Will have to catch up with you at some stage ET... I'm still not sure my Compushift II is working properly or, more to the point, programmed properly.

I notice you said that you still had the 3.9:1 diff ratios? Is that correct? Mine were changed back to 4.11:1... I'm ment to be running 33in tyres but have 35's on at the moment.