G'day guys,
Planning on replacing the splits that are in the front doors of the '99 Ti wagon.
The splits that I've bought come with a passive crossover so I wanted to know if I could just run the cables that are currently connected to the factory woofer in the door into it the crossover and then run the new woofer and tweeter from that or has the cable that comes out in the door already come out of a crossover somewhere else.

I've checked a lot of other threads on front split installs but they all seem to be for models that never had splits to begin with so there's no other option but to run the door cables into your crossover, but since the Ti comes with tweeters from the factory I'm not sure if Nissan have already run them through a crossover or if they've just run the full range of frequencies to the tweeter and speaker. Given the consensus of generally poor quality audio equipment from factory I'm betting that Nissan didn't spend the money on a crossover but if anyone knows the answer or could suggest a way for me to test that'd be much appreciated.

If it helps, I've also got an aftermarket headunit installed but I haven't had a look at the wiring in the back of it yet as it came that way when I got car.

Cheers