Threaded View

Thanks
    Thanked 4,751 Times in 3,156 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by krbrooking View Post
    This week l lost my Uncle to depression at the age of 46. He had suffered with it for a long time and then it got really bad. My aunt and him were going to counselling she had him on a mental health program and he also was on medication. When he took his medication he was doing well and then when he felt better he stopped it. My Aunt had spoken to his Mental health Carer and said that she wanted him admitted into hospital as he was not doing very well they said they deemed him fit! That was on the Monday and two days later he is no longer here. All I am trying to say is when you have depression most people put up blocks so know one knows what is going on in your life except maybe your wife or vice verser. Please talk to someone or call beyond blue or any other helpline and seek your doctor for advice. In Australia there is not a lot of money to help people in our mental health system and it fails!!!
    As I have gone through depression myself it is the most hardest thing l feel l have ever combated and everyday is a new day but by seeking help and the right tools you can do your best to combat it.
    ** All I am trying to say is speak up and find away of getting help.
    Thanks
    Tan, KR missus
    Wow mate. Deepest sympathy for you and the Family in this time.

It does help to talk.
    Ill be the first to admit my issues are pretty minor, many more are worse Off than me. But opening up to the wife has opened up both our eyes..
    The other day she said yes to 35" tyres!!! Not that I'm getting them but it nice to know my wife now appreciates some of my wants..

Anyway.. Were all here to chat..
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BigRAWesty For This Useful Post:

Gecko17 (4th February 2014), krbrooking (4th February 2014)