Thread: GQ 4.2 Gas Petrol Problem

Threaded View

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry GQ 4.2 Gas Petrol Problem

I haven't been on here for quite a while. Been pretty bloody crook. All that being said as the health improves some other gremlins attack our happy lives.

I have had an intermittent problem with the troll just cutting out. No fuel pumping, no gas priming, no spark at coil or dizzy. This post is to help some other hapless person if ever they have the same problem.

Being stubborn as I freely admit I am. I simply couldn't let this beat me. First thought I replaced the coil......WRONG.......then the fuel safety switch.........WRONG........I did mention this was intermittent but then could not get a start come hell or high water. I found heaps of bad wiring, poorly connected hoses, shoddy previous repairs and then I found the culprit.

I have a very small hole in the very top of the fuel tank. This hole stopped the tank from pressurizing. In turn a solenoid won't actuate and as a result there is no power to the gas or ignition. a simple perished hose can cause the same problem.

Hope this info helps someone out. It was quite the learning experience for me.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ablast For This Useful Post:

baloo (1st December 2015), clivelm (3rd April 2014), my third 256 (6th January 2014)