Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Group Buy, 63% transfer reduction for GQ/GU

approved by Andy

ITEM: 63% transfer reduction gears for GQ and GU patrol

PRICE AND PRICE CONDITIONS: $1300 + post. Yes thats cheaper than marks sell their kits for, and its a new custom run.

CONDITION: Brand spanking new

REASON FOR SELLING: I wanted a set for myself and the only way of getting them made is in a group buy of 15 sets.

EXTRA INFO: Hi guys, for a long time I have been thinking about reduction gears for my GQ, especially after wheeling with some mates with cruiser utes and the much lower gearing they have.
    I did the maths, and a 43% reduction brings the gearing only just lower than a standard cruiser, but the other available option of 85% by marks 4wd is a huge step down and will result in much stopping and transfer leaving tossing.

So I contacted Marks about making something in the 60-65% area, after reading a thread on here about that. After a bit of to-ing and fro-ing they decided they can make a 63% ratio and sell it as a kit exactly the same as their other kits, as seen here: http://www.marks4wd.com/mfk1515-2-86l.html

Kit contains:
    · Input gear
    · Idler gear
    · Output gear
    · Bearing spacer
    · Welsh plug
    · Backlash eliminator
    · Instructions
    All GQ and GU vehicles run the same gearing in the transfer case. We haven’t confirmed this with the 2012 and onwards vehicles that were fitted with traction control.

As some people may be aware, its commonly reported you have to die grind a small amount inside the casing to fit the 85% gears, according to marks this can be the case with the 43% as well, and the 63% will also fall into this category that some people depending on the casting will have to die grind a small amount inside the casing to maintain clearance.

the ratio according to Marks is about 3.29:1

I should mention, this is at the moment an expression of interest, I need to get enough interest to make this work, Please do not say you will buy if you are not going to come through, once I feel there is enough interest I will collect deposits and place the order with Marks 4wd. If it all falls apart after I start taking deposits I will of course fully refund any deposit taken.

PICTURES: much the same as seen here:

Interested parties:

1. Love ke70 (Andy)
    2. Thrasher
    3. Patrol 28
    4. The Great 2.8
    5. Komodo
    6. Leck48
    7. FlexGQ
    8. Razor2000
    9. 89gqpatrol4x4
    10. GUTROL4.2
    11. chubba
    12. Pat (chubba's brother)
    13. MadK1w1
    14. 03gallagherj
    15. 2.8_hki
    16. UNKO
    17. s1mon

If your name is on this list and you feel you will not actually come through with the deposit and payment when it comes that time, please ask me to remove your name from the list. This is much preferable to people not making payments at the end and letting everyone down.

Cheers, Andy
    Last edited by love ke70; 28th January 2014 at 09:30 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to love ke70 For This Useful Post:

Drewboyaus (17th December 2013)