Thread: Milly the Maverick

Threaded View

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Milly the Maverick

I bought a Zoo, I mean a maverick about 6 weeks ago to tidy up with my sons and use as a camping/ fun truck as well as to teach them to drive. My eldest has just got his 'L' license and has about 97 more hours to do...
    The vehicle is a dark blue 1990 petrol auto maverick 7 seater (only 225k!) which came with a knackered auto box, so the first order was out with the slushbox and in with a decent reliable manual box and a new clutch.
    The bill stands so far...$1500 for the truck
    $700 for gearbox and all conversion parts and a set of fixed rear windows
    $300 for new clutch
    $270 for oils all through, filters, hoses, coolant etc.
    $0 for the 31 inch muddies i pinched off my work ute...
    So far the gearbox has been changed, she had a Christmas service and yesterday the boys and I gutted the interior, Gernied out the carpets and hosed out the inside.
    Found a tiny bit of rust under the drivers and passengers foot well but no holes, and the usual cracking around the rear seat mounts.

Overall I'm pretty pleased with the truck and the condition of it so far.

Next on the agenda is a suspension swap using a 4 inch kit and snorkle out of a mates shorty he is wrecking to 4.2 his GU.
    We are hoping to have it on the road in a few weeks so I can get out there in the bush. Looking forward to a trip out to Sundown NP to try it out on the rocks and scrub...
    Pics to follow!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 90mav For This Useful Post:

AB (3rd January 2013)